Surprise surprise, it's patch day for World of Warcraft (OMG weather!!!), and my download is achingly slow, hence posting. ;)
I've been wanting to post for a while but sometimes I just can't figure out what to write. Not to say that my interest in maintaining this blog has lessened; nay, it is instead that I now have other things to maintain. And maintaining other things can sometimes take far more procrastination than maintaining a blog, hence it consumes more of my time. Hey, at least I'm honest about it!
In WoW, I and others encouraged Makal to start a new guild, after our previous one's language rules and enforcement thereof got to be too much. Our new guild is coming along nicely; we have about 22 members (plus a handful of alt characters) and have more every time I log in. I created what I (and a few others) consider a pretty kick ass website for the guild, including an already well-established forums section (the site's been live for two weeks, about). We're all having a lot of fun with it too, which is just what you want when gaming with friends. Yay fun! If anyone ever reads this and plays on the Maelstrom PVP-RP server, drop me a line and I'll give you my main character's name. :)
In other news, well, not much. Makal's out job hunting right now (do I ever post when he's in the house?) and I'm, as I said, downloading the latest patch. I should be washing dishes, or putting the wet laundry in the dryer, but there's time. We're in the market for a new apartment, which is a bit of a trial when you have two packrats and three cats (but they don't need to know there's three of them...). I'd like to get something in the same area, or at least still in the downtown-region, because the convenience just can't be beat. It's sad, as this apartment is pretty cool, but both Makal and I have enough personality (read: stuff) to make any new apartment quickly feel cozy. So that'll be sometime in the next month, and hopefully we won't need to move in a rush.
Makal's been in a fairly piratanical mood as of late, as evidenced by the amount of pirattitude we're involved with. He recently downloaded Sid Mier's Pirates game, which he claims is a lot of fun. A claim I have yet to confirm, but believe after his all-nighter with it. Then there's the constructable card game, Pirates, which I can easily confirm is an awesome game. The little ships are so fun to put together and can look pretty cool at that. Plus once you add in the obstacles, crew, and treasure to be found on wild islands, the game can get pretty intense (not to mention battling other ships!). Then there's Puzzle Pirates, which is actually an MMOG of piracy based on puzzle solving. I'm completely addicted to all the pretty shapes and colours, plus the little avatars and environments are so darn cute. :)
---
See, that's why I haven't been posting: I've been involved in mundane, geeky stuff that I can't possibly assume people would want to read about (which is probably all wrong of me to think). When this was more of a sex blog, sure, it was easy to write posts, what with the wealth of sultry topics out there. But I guess you could say I've lost my interest in that—not in sex, mind you (never!), but in writing about it. Perhaps now that my actual sex life is more fulfilling I don't find the need to get my fix other ways. Oooh, how's that for psychoanalytical insight?!
Perhaps if I could just relinquish my old want for this to be a wicked sex blog, I could get back to regular posting. Blogs and online journals/diaries/whatevers seem to have three main purposes: to inform (such as the news and updates blog on the front of our guild page), to brag (you have to be a little exhibitionistic to blog after all), and to whine (a.k.a. LiveJournal). Since I just did all the informing I had to do, and don't have much to brag nor whine about, it could just be that Perfectly Flawed sits here idling for a bit till such time as I find myself needing the immediate catharsis again.
Tuesday, March 28
All's Quiet
Posted by
M. Here
at
12:43 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment