Wednesday, September 19

Steal Me Away

Yesterday afternoon Makal asked me what was going on with the internets (referencing my huge list of Google Reader subscriptions) and since I hadn't been in Reader recently I couldn't imagine that anything was going on. You know how it is: when you're there and reading it and clicking through and going to related stories, RSS items can end up with a sort of "omg really? I can't believe it!" sense to them. It's like we feed off the adrenaline rush of being there now, while it happens. But if we aren't currently plugged in to the massive amount of events that are always happening on the internet, the opposite happens: why do we need to care? That's online, not here. It's no longer relevant.

So, I answered to him that nothing was going on on the internets, because as far as I was concerned, nothing was. He told me I should blog and make something happen, create the content for the internets. Since it had been some time since I last updated, this morning I thought what the heck, let's take a few minutes during our morning chai to blog. (See how I used "our" there? Makes me seem more regal and, therefore, more important when you read this in your feed reader. I hope my blogging has brought much current-events excitedness into your day!)

I'm working on a secret project, which is 60% of the reason why I've not been blogging here. So far I've spent two sessions working on it--about 5 hours each. I'm estimating at least 10 or even 15 more hours of work before the project is finished, and perhaps a few more supplies will be needed. So that means I can hopefully get it done before the weekend! /knockonwood It's a highly entertaining project for me, though probably not as sexy as y'all would like it to be. ;)

I'm gonna go make myself some breakfast, then settle in to another day of back-breaking secret projectage. :D

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net