Trixie summed up some of my past relationship woes quite well with this single (long) sentence:
That is the trouble with being attracted to submissive easy-going men: you don't get the romance of hysterical fighting unless you are imaginative and annoying enough to fight against him AND take up his role and just IMAGINE him fighting back, putting words into his mouth and generally just pissing him off so much that he walks out of the room leaving you to alone to acknowledge that you are a crazy bitch trying to engage a foe who doesn't exist simply so you can experience the romance of the shadow side of love.
And the rest of her post is damn good (and true) too. Anyway, on with the show.
Today being Monday, I am faced with the monstrous task of cleaning the house. Cleaning on a Monday is a lot different than, say, a Thursday or Friday cleaning. Thursday and Friday have the previous days' cleanings to keep them fairly tidy and undemanding; Monday, however, has a weekend of lazy debauchery to back it up, which usually means that most activities focused on immediate gratification—not responsible housecare. Luckily today looks to involve pretty much just the dishes and some usual tidying. I shall try to not get too distracted.
Yesterday was Porn Sunday, and while Makal and I didn't buy any porn to un-support the day (which is actually a day for religious services to focus on the evil sin(s) of pornography) we did go to the uber-mega-OMG-dildos! porn store. Apart from taking note of their sadly small selection of nipple clamps (and they all vibrated. I'm sorry but that just sounds annoying) I took the opportunity to ogle bad porn, making fun of the titles, the covers, the graphic art, anything I could get my critical little hands on. (Although Box Lunch does have some amazingly cute illustrations. Such happy lesbians!) The overwhelming conclusion: most porn is bad. But hey, we all knew that anyway. Does make me wonder just how much good porn I've seen, in comparison. Sure, it's out there with businesses like Comstock Films and Burning Angel. And surprise surprise, most of the newer, thoroughly enjoyable stuff is being done by indie companies and the like. Which lends promise to the hope of finding niche porn to suit any particular person's random fetish and having it be well done. Me... I'm still waiting for the day when I can find porn of sexy nerdy uber-geek men surrounded by geekery—big ol' servers with lots of colourful cords plugged in every which way, modded computers with dual-display monitors, big mahogany desks with meticulously organized files and fancy fountain pens. Oh yeah, that's the sort of porn I want. Surely it must exist out there, somewhere in the ether?
Oops... didn't mean to go on a tangent there, sorry. Anyway, yep, it's Monday. And I should be off to start my duties of cleaning and scrubbing and rinsing. Oooh, and we finally have a (borrowed) drill, so I can start hanging some of the heavier pieces. Yay!
Oh, and PS—I'm going to be working on bits and pieces of the site over the week, nothing huge but enough that you might notice random moments of weirdness. If you notice something off, well, pretend it never happened. ;)

1 comment:
Sounds like a great idea for porn, the uber geek outsmarts the jocks and gets the ladies.
Let me know if you find any :)
Post a Comment