Thursday, December 20

Non-Holiday Related Links!

Well fuck me if I'm not a very good blogger lately. What's up with that? I've lost something along the way; things just aren't the same. But--and here's your ubiquitous status update--life is good. It's the holidays and I've got my cheer on, plus many aspects of life are looking up right now. I keep doing stuff and going "I should blog this..." and then I don't. I know how you people love to hear that (*cough*Nahu*cough*), but it's true. I've lost some zeal, as it were, my blogging mojo. I've heard (er, read?) many a blogger friend say the same thing, that their sneaksy little mojo has off and run away with the spoon. BUT, that means that I'll be even more inclined to post when the really exciting stuff happens! And isn't that the silver lining?

Anyway, here's the deal. I may have been busy lately, and can't be arsed to write any "actual content", but I really want to post. It's like how I miss getting a little toy after a good appointment at the dentist's. Where's my reward?! Oh, right, I'm not doing shite to get anything... I remember how this works now. So, y'all get links. This is the stuff that's held my interest this week, the tabs I keep open for days until my system gets too slow and I have to restart.

Study finds girls eclipse boys in photo posting, other obvious web facts
That title is right, they are obvious facts. And hot damn, I love it when other people point out the uselessness of these very important and revolutionary scientific studies. But to be fair, I guess the marketing guys do need to cite some science when presenting their case for advertising on teh interwebs.

Ikea Hacker
I found this blog just a few days after our first buying trip to Ikea; I am, of course infatuated with the place now. Well, not the place so much as the stuff, obviously. We're so looking forward to going back on Friday to pick up a few more things. Also, I might try this hack with some red yarn--think it'll work with a non-Ikea lantern? ;)

Personas for Firefox
Saw this at the beginning of the week, via Lifehacker, but thought I'd share it since it's still amusing me. Why so much fun? I set my Firefox theme to "plaid", which I feel is one of the less-intrusive themes overall. Also, my Skype theme is set to "argyle"--and yes, the two can sometimes go together!

Top 100 Tracks of 2007
This list was compiled by Fact Magazine, so you know it must be true! Actually, going through and listening to a few of the more intriguing-sounding songs, they are pretty groovy. Plus it's fun to see songs I found on my own listed here. Unfortunately the "listen" links rarely point you to the actual track being praised, but it's still a good start to expanding your musical horizons.

Geek Culture (pictures)
For those of you who are impulsive image savers, this page should have at least a few pics for you to download. Yeah, I know, a lot of it is dumb stuff you've probably seen before. Honestly I just found this via StumbleUpon and thought it'd be a good way to round this out to five links. C'mon, tell me the apple laptop mod didn't make you LOL just a little? (That's actually known as a "LOLjal"*)

*It's actually not. I just made that up--and you better have known that. Like the last link in this post, my jokes are often impromptu and not very well executed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? I what when where? <_<

Plaid and Argyle?! are you mad, woman? That combination makes me LOLjal

M. Here said...

Now that I have seen someone else use it, "LOLjal" is totally my new favourite acronym-word! Sadly, I've actually caught myself saying "lawl" in response to things... favourite or no, I hope I don't do that with LOLjal. ;)

And yes, I am mad! Thank you for asking. :D

 

scientology.org

xenu.net