Yesterday, in accordance with my special notation about it being the perfect weekend to watch Nightmare Before Christmas, Makal and I threw a Nightmare Before Christmas party—complete with invites and everything. We'd mailed the invitations out the previous Wednesday, a little short notice perhaps but giving our friends more than enough time to receive them (our friends=geeky=check email regularly). Although one person said it was horrible timing because of the holiday weekend and everyone would be out of town or too busy to check their email but guess what? Most of the people showed up! Eight people came over and while that doesn't seem like many, it's most of what we invited and more than enough to fill our apartment's available seating. We ended up not watching the movie so much as wandering around between rooms chatting, with Nightmare playing in the background. But really in the end the movie was just a ruse to get people over to hang out, and all in all it was a success and a fun evening.
We ended by driving around a bit with Star and one of her friends to check out a possible retail location (more news on that as it becomes available) and after we returned home, didn't go to bed til, gah, I dunno, early this morning. :P So I am sleepy still, albeit the afternoon, and my hair is wet because apparently, any electrical outlet other than the one in the bathroom is too weak for my blow dryer. At least the circuit breaker's inside, considering that I'm nekkid *and* wet. (Heh.)
Ha, what a mean way to end the post. But that's what I'm gonna do. ;D
Sunday, November 27
It's All In the Timing
Posted by
M. Here
at
4:07 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment