Tuesday, January 29

Nothing Here Relevant to Current Events, Carry On...

I would really like to write a blog post, because hot damn is there a lot to talk about right now. I mean, hunky celebrities are dying, Anonymous is waging war against the Co$, XKCD is pleading that we support Obama, and it's only the first month of 2008. Admit it, this year has been action packed! But apparently all this action--though I simply read about it on teh Internets--has worn me out. And now, I am sick. Blarrr. So while I'd really like to be all intellectual and write some sort of pseudo-rant about the current state of our society... I would much rather go fall asleep in a bathtub of scalding hot water.

Random related story time!

Years ago, I think it was sometime around when I was 18, we took our cat Sasha to the vet. Basic appointment deal where they weighed her and took her temp and checked her for fleas. We had Sasha on a kitty insurance plan because she had a lot of health issues, and so she was getting a lot more medications than I'd usually care to ask for. This particular trip in to the doctor, they gave her an antibiotic that was delivered via a nasal spray. Now, let me tell you that Sasha had an adorable nose. Seriously, the thing was tiny and so delicate and feminine (for a cat)--let's take a look!


Awww damn, that is one cute, delicate-nosed cat. The day following this nasal spray antibiotic, her nose got bigger--and by "nose" I logically mean her nasal cavity, not the soft pink part of her nose. So suddenly, my tiny-nosed behbeh is all looking like Serious Cat with his big honker of a shnoz and wide-spaced eyes. It was only the next week, after the swelling had gone down, that I found the "care and instructions" paper that went along with that antibiotic; apparently, if any swelling occurred we were suppose to contact the vet immediately. Umm, crap, I was a bad mommy.

Anyway, that's what my head feels like. I've gone from feeling like an adorable kitten to something more akin to Serious Cat (of the non-brainwashed-by-a-dangerous-cult variety) overnight.

Damn, I think I just wrote a blog post. At least it wasn't (that) relevant to anything I do want to write about. Seriously though, I have to quit staring at the monitor, or the room will never stop spinning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net