Tuesday, July 18

LJ: Oh, Heavens, No...

So, I'm sitting here, reading this Wikipedia article on The Divine Comedy as research for the movie's scroll (more on that in a second). And I'm listening to the CD mix J (the writer/main producer) burned for me, as music inspirational to the project or used in the film. I'm on one of the later tracks, entitled (as told to me by J) "Will you be ready/Sunbeam" by "Tiny Tots Calvin and Rachael". And it's... it's little children, somewhere around ages 6-8, singing Bible songs. Surely there's some Christians out there who would recognize the songs from their childhood. Then it hits me, and I realize I'm reading about one of the most famous and horrendous depictions of Hell, whilst listening to some little girl belt out "Jesus wants me for a suuuun-beeeeeam!" like it was the Oscar Meyer Weiner song. Creepy!

Anyway, yeah, working on the scroll. Being a horror film, this is of course "the" scroll, the "depicts the ancient ritual to open a portal between two worlds, with the before-man language arranged fractally on a round scroll"-scroll. Yeah, that scroll. LOL. I'm pretty excited about the project. :) I get to make crazy technical art, research stuff like Dante and phi and ancient languages, and create a very important piece of the film. Why wouldn't I be excited?! Plus, yaknow, fractals. The ocd spacial-relation geek in me is just floating.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net