So, Makal and I are involved with a project referenced to us by both his parents and a friend of his parents. This local fellow has written a script for a Lovecraftian-type horror, set to take place in Oregon, with a budget around 30k. Initially, Makal was pulled in to do possible web work, but as things in life changed that role was handed over to me. He continues to be involved in the facet of possibly/probably taking one of the lead roles, as well as continuing to help me creatively (we're such a great team!). And now I have this fairly ambitous web project underway, involving two sites (one for the production comopany, one for the movie), conceptualizing the marketing/advertising, helping with the biz plan, and possibly/probably designing and making one of the main props for the film. It's all quite interesting.
At least, that's to summarize what I've been thinking about. Lots of movie-ness. I really want to be involved in every aspect of the movie, given my creative zest for projects, but I know that doing so would keep me completely off track from finishing any single aspect. So I'm fine sticking with web design, communications, and marketing. Focus, Merrick, focus!
I'm (finally) reading the script today, as I really shouldn't put it off any longer. It's very... interesting. I don't like one character, because she's the type of whorish obnoxious emo-punk girl I never like. Then there's the annoying "better than you because I'm vegan" vegan girl (that one's self explanatory). The rest of the characters are okay by me, and most of the cast is fairly believable. It's going to be very interesting to see how the movie progresses and, expectedly, evolves, as more people are added to the project and details are established. It makes me excited to think that, given the right people at the right time, this could become something big. But anything has that chance, right? Yet I know that with this project, the people are all so ambitous and optimistic that things will go well. There's already possible social networking with Lloyd Kaufman of Troma Studios, and oh so much more. Things are looking up. :)
Of course, I should be investing as much energy and enthusiasm in this project as possible to make it the best it can be mainly because I'll be paid a percentage of the earnings. So, if I make the promos and my portions of the project totally rawk, which I know I can and will, I'll get more than if I was all "meh" about it. ;) Oh, devious I am.
Anyway, this has been me, not focusing on my work. :P More another time, perhaps an update on this project after the meeting we'll be attending tonight.
Monday, July 17
LJ: The Start of Something Big
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:24 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment