Friday, July 28

LJ: On the Horizon

Avast, there it be! The great land of ports, dead ahead!

Today, well, Thursday, was our "packing" day, not that we got every loose object packed. It's hard to do that stuff when you're in an overheated less-than-a-studio room. Most of the packing and preparations got delegated to the evening, and now we're nearing our end/crashing point. Before we dock in Ptown, there's a few nights board left here. Thank goodness, I could use the sleep.

Tomorrow morning Makal picks up the rental truck, and we load stuff from here first (bed, dressers, large items), then my mom's (couch, chair, desk, desk chair, cubey things, tables, etc.), then to our storage space (many boxes), then to my mom's storage space (a few more boxes), then back here for the evening (probably to load a few more boxes). I had the brilliant idea of packing clothes in sturdy garbage bags and stuff in the dresser drawers, so we don't really have many boxes here to load.

Saturday is the Big Day, when we hoist our sails and set our sights on Portland. Yipee! What a huge move, eh? The largest Makal or I have ever done, since we have both lives our 22 years here in Eugene. And suddenly, we're gonna be in Portland. I realized yesterday that there have been odd tie-ins between real-life and WoW. The two main examples: the day Makal hit 60 with his Undead warlock (last Thursday), he got a call within a few hours from his new employer *finally* offering him a job; the day I hit 60 with my Orc hunter, we were called within a few hours saying that our application for the apartment went through. Crazy! I wish I'd remembered to check my horoscope that day too; I bet it was interesting.

I think we might have a friend or two caravaning up to Ptown with us Saturday, at least Makal's parents will be (they're braving being in a car with Stinky McPoopsalot--who stresses on car trips--though we don't really have any other option). Then it's unload, unload, unload, unpacking YEARS of our life (mine, at least; I'm a packrat) and stuffing it anywhere that leaves us walking room in the new place. Which, might I add, is a *really cool* apartment. Then Saturday night, Makal and I will sleep soundly on our bed, the first night in the new apartment of a new city. :D Hopefully from there we'll be able to combine unpacking with getting acclimated with resting before his first day on Tuesday (our 1 year anniversary!!!).

Omgees, this has been such a crazy week! From job offering on the 20th to moving in on the 29th. I never would have thought myself capable of making such a huge leap in so little time. I have so many people to thank for it too--Makal's parents, who are helping fund our move and helping in the process; my mom, who trusting us with her car to drive to Portland and apartment hunt; our friends, whomever will be helping us load, unload, and enjoy life Friday and Saturday. And most importantly, Makal, whom I think is the most rocking, fawesome, sexiest dude ever, and whom I am so damn excited and lucky to be making this move with. <3 <3 <3

We are *so* going to take over Portland! ;) But first, to finish packing...

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net