Wednesday, February 27

The Day Draws Near

You are probably of the opinion that if and when I have a birthday, it is inherently strange. And in essence you'd be right--any birthday of mine is a strange one, indeed. But this year? I'm almost getting worried.

It started a few weeks ago when one of our friends asked me if there was anything specific I wanted to do, but felt the need to include a disclaimer of "but don't worry, we're planning on surprising the hell out of you." Umm, okay thanks, I won't worry one bit! Me and my spontaneous, outgoing personality are a-okay with surprises...

And I know Makal had said he'd take care of everything, but I figured I would still be making my cake. Nope! When I mentioned last night that I should pick up supplies today, he said, "But I told you I was taking care of everything." Even the cake? "Even the cake." Oh. Well then.

So, two days left until my birthday, and I have no idea what I'm doing. But everyone else? They all know, and some are prone to outburts of nervous giggling when the subject comes up. And that is never always a good sign!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho! Reminds me of the last time I planned a special evening for my lady friend and everyone was in on the plan, she knew and it was driving her insane! Good times.

Hope the surprise lasts you 4 years!

PS: did you get the reply to the email you sent me?

M. Here said...

Nahu, the concept of a single surprise lasting me four years is slightly terrifying. I mean, would it be four years of constant surprise, or four years of remembering one surprise? I think I'd rather have the latter, ha. ;D

Oh and yes, I did get your email. Thank you! I'm sorry I've not responded yet; do expect an email from me though. :)

Anonymous said...

oh awesome, just checking because sometimes they get sent to spam

Anonymous said...

\('-' )/Oh yeah, happy birthday! \( '-')/

 

scientology.org

xenu.net