My bedroom is my haven. I would be perfectly fine living in a studio apartment, as I like being able to see everything (it's my paranoia) and having everything within reach. My bedroom has most everything I need. An abundance of lighting, both task and mood/ambient. My computer with printer/scanner, cable internet, cell phone charger, digital camera, webcam. My work camera. My art on the walls. My bellydance gear on the walls. My jewelry, and a good chunk of my jewelry design stuffs plus other crafty things. My bed!! (That one's important!) and my clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup. My space heater. My cats. A large window to let in morning light (when I open it, which I should do more often) and look down at the couryard with the huge weeping willow tree. My TV and VCR (rarely used but nice to have). So what is my one-room habitat missing?
Counterspace to do rough/continuously messy crafting tasks. A sink/watersource (and in that line a toilet and shower too!). My PS2 (which is downstairs for community use). Most of all, my bedroom does not have food. Or things to keep/cook it in. This is the main area my bedroom lacks (and the ONLY lack I'll readily admit to!). If something is downstairs, and I'm up here, even if I'm not doing anything useful (for example, downloading close to 100 new fonts, as I just finished doing) I will be hard pressed to go downstairs to get it. Thank goodness the bathroom is right across the hall (!), although if that was downstairs too I'd be downstairs more often and not have as many complaints (except that the bathroom is downstairs). And oftimes I justify running downstairs for a hot cup of tea or to grab a little thing (when I know where it is, or need it desperately). But when it comes to food? Nope. Not gonna do it.
And so I starve.
Okay okay, I don't starve. One look at my figure (thin enough to look outstanding in a vinyl catsuit but curved enough to make a bodacious belly dancer) and you'll know I eat my fair share. Especially on pizza night; but I digress. This whole "having to travel downstairs for food" thing gets to me, because I don't eat. Not that I don't want to (been there, done that, have the XS shirts to prove it) but just, well... I'm just lazy. Getting food means going downstairs and finding something to eat or not finding anything that looks good yet, warranting a return trip. Upon finding food that I would eat were it steaming hot in front of me, I have to consider: How quickly can I make this? Is it worth the time and effort? Can I justify the dishes used to make it? Oh, and Can I eat this at the computer? All these questions, as you can imagine, result in the "quick" foods having a very short lifespan, especially factoring in two male housemates.
And so many days I go without eating, or snacking on small unhealthy things throughout the day until everyone's available for me to make dinner for. And generally I'm okay with that. I may be hungry all day, but "mind over matter" and "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" and all that sort. And I know it's unhealthy to only eat one meal a day, or to snack on junk all day. But I always find a way to justify it or to procrastinate, and eventually I do eat. I am not going anorexic to slim down for KinkFest or anything. I just... forget to eat. But hot damn if I don't find a million ways to entertain myself in my Den of Sin while I'm busy not eating.
Wednesday, December 29
About the Den of Sin (and food)
Posted by
M. Here
at
7:51 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment