Thursday, September 8

Box World

Aaarg. I've been here, what, three days now? And the majority of my boxes still sit in the living room and bedroom. I've dug through a few of them looking for this or that piece, but I think in total I've only emptied three. I don't know why it's taking so long; usually I'm pulling stuff out left and right trying to settle in and get things situated just the way I like them. I think some of my hesitation is perhaps that a few of my more favourite pieces are still in storage, lights and art and computer stuff and craft stuff. This is my home now, moreso than my move back in with my mom was, yet I still feel disconnected and seperate from parts of myself. Yet none of that stuff in storage can come out till I've done something about all this mess, so it's just one of those vicious cycles I love to hate so well.

Some of it too is trying to fall into a new routine. Makal looked at me this morning as I languored in bed and commented that He must have completely thrown my life off balance. Which is true, and it isn't. I think I adapt easily to changing situations, so changing my sleep schedule up a bit isn't so bad. Most of it's having particular obligations to someone else. Daily dishes, laundry, cleaning, maintenance. Figuring out what to cook for meals. It's not anything I'm used to doing. Granted a few months ago I was living with a guy, sure, but that was a completely different situation. I didn't have anything expected of me, other than taking care of myself and the cats (yet that didn't stop him from getting annoyed when I didn't do something we never agreed was mine to do).

Hopefully today I'll be able to kick my ass into a higher gear and get more boxes cleared and stuff put away. I'm sure it's just a normal process of moving and falling into a new routine. Perhaps if I can get my fun stuff out of the way, such as putting away all the media and entertainment stuff, I'll have more cause to work on the boring stuff. On separating out the things I no longer want (yes, I do plan on getting rid of stuff!). I always have great plans for how things are going to happen and what I'll do to get them done, yet when it comes down to it these things never seem to actually happen. Jewels had an excellent post on manifesting goals and I need to work on that more. So maybe if I say "I have a clean and tidy apartment" enough times, I'll manifest it into being. At the very least I'll work on my annunciation. :)

Must Download: Anything by Victor Wooten. Seriously, the guy rocks something hard. For starters, try "Me and My Bass Guitar", which has more of a radio playability to it. That song will gear you up for his other stuff, his solos and duos and the like. He's a crazy soloist, blending funk and jazz and just your basic classical bass thump. You won't be dissapointed.

1 comment:

Phly27 said...

Vic Wooten rocks! I would highly recommend him to anybody who can appreciate true musicianship. He plays the bass like nobody else. Rock on, Merrick, thanks for giving him the shout out!

 

scientology.org

xenu.net