Wednesday, September 21

No Rest for the Weary

*sigh* So, here I am. My tongue is still burning from the red pepper bagel I used for an open face tuna melt; odd breakfast, perhaps, but it was tasty. It took me forever to crawl out of bed this morning and I almost made Makal late for work because of it (well, He can't go anywhere till I've made His breakfast now can He?). Arg. I've been kind of out of it for the past couple of days and it's getting to the point where I'm annoyed with myself for not pulling my weight where and when I know I should be. I think I have good excuses for not doing shite—and sometimes I do, but sometimes it's just me being lazy. And now it's Wednesday, the house has been dirty since Monday, I need to go grocery shopping, and I'm still not completely unpacked. Double arg.

The pirate party Monday evening was awesome. Makal and I were the belles of the ball, both of us having damn cool outfits on. It had taken me several hours of battling with my sewing machine that day, but I managed to finish altering His pirate coat so it fit Him right and He did look fabulously piraty, I the faithful wench with peasant blouse under corset, high-slit skirt and fishnets. Of course, our outfits were only enhanced by the fact that we did indeed get fabulously smashed on rum that night. :) Sadly though we forgot to get a picture of the two of us together, which would have been really nice to have. Oh well, there will be other pirate days and other parties we dress up for; I'll just have to be more diligent about the photography thing then.

Because of the lingering effects rum can have on one's system (especially if she forgets to eat any dinner and the rum's on an empty stomach) I was pretty "out of it" feeling yesterday morning and again, managed to get nothing done (most of Monday was prep for the party). And my time to do stuff around the house was not helped by my meeting Makal and friends for lunch (or by the hour of window shopping on the way home). By the time I got home from that, I had just enough time to wash a few dishes and fix the fish tank hood (yay for being handy!) before I left again to meet Makal and other friends for a viewing of The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which was very good. Much more Law & Order meets Constantine than I expected, but good. Made me want to see that prequel to The Exorcist.

See what I mean though? I'm very good at coming up with excuses. Plus I'm easily distracted; that never helps.

Oh my goodness, I just realized that some of the glasses sitting on the counter are from Sunday when people unexpectedly came over to watch Shaun of the Dead. Wow, I'm really really behind. Tsk. It makes me sad too; I hope I can pull myself together enough today to make a dent in my chores and responsibilities. Though to be fair, last Friday I totally busted out and did some major organizing, going through and arranging three closets, two of which were very (very) messy. And now they're organized in such a way that it's nigh impossible to unorganize them (though I know I have some skills in that area but I'll refrain). So that was a big accomplishment for me. I think part of the reason I got so much done was that Makal didn't have time to come home for lunch, so my train of thought continued uninterrupted throughout the day... plus He didn't actually come home until late after going over to a friend's. So it was a long day of just me, the mess, and my fetish for storage & organization. I have yet to find myself in an actual routine here yet, other than preparing the meals. If I was smart I'd try to schedule it out. Apparently I'm not though.

But on the upside, I love it when music I haven't heard in forever comes up in my random shuffle and makes me think of really dorky highschool times. :) (Which was, for future reference, Snake River Conspiracy's "More Than Love".)

1 comment:

Makal said...

I did give you a message of fair warning last night. You still have time to redeem yourself. Not fully mind you, but the penalty will be lessened if you do manage to get the last of the unpacking done on time.

Don't think I have not noticed, and don't think that I am not keeping score. Your days are numbered, darling.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net