So, I did arrive back from my trip with star some time after dark on Friday. I was exhausted—several days of increased smoking, decreased meat-consumption (due to her aunt's veganism), and hiking about in the snow will do that to ya. But, I was happy; I enjoyed the trip and yet was still quite glad to be home. Luckily my good mood gave me enough energy to last the night, which consisted of a Christmas party hosted by a woman whom Makal has known for some time and is now interning for. Now, if you've been following so far, you'll have noted my somewhat less-than-prime operating condition. Nigh zombified I was. So then add to that mix a gin & tonic, two (or was it three?) cosmopolitans, and a shot of tequila I knew I did not need, and, well, yeah. Fun party. :)
It really was quite enjoyable, as I got to meet a lot of Makal's work friends and dance a fair bit. The party seemed to consist of minorly perverted jokes, outright perverse stories, with geek talk and fashionable hats being passed around. Don't ask me where the hats came from or why, I have no idea. I just know that mine was... well, I think I wore several. One was leopard print. And I think I made an okay impression on Makal's friends: one made a silly reference to Ubantu and a very very skinny individual getting out of the hot tub, and when I laughed, the friend looked confused and said to Makal, "Either she's drunk or she gets it." to which He replied, "No, she gets it. She's a geek girl." (Apparently we're a valuable commodity in the software industry.) That seemed to clear things up for him.
Other than that, yes, fun. I passed out immediately upon arriving naked on the sheets at home, and woke up the next day to a fond "welcome home" from Makal. I think that just doubled the exhaustion, because by the time we finally got around to eating at about 6 that night, oi, I was not well off. Too much tofu, alcohol, and sex. (K, well, maybe not that last one...) I think today is the first I've had my usual energy levels since arriving home; but then, it's only 1:30a and I'm pretty damn tired. Perhaps I should learn to listen to my body saying that sort of thing. Perhaps. Or perhaps I'll stay up a bit longer. ;)
Monday, December 12
Back in the Hometown
Posted by
M. Here
at
1:05 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment