Thursday, July 26

I Have Exhausted to Look Forward To

I am exhausted. I'm not so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, but physically and mentally, I'm beat. We seem to have been really super busy lately. On one hand, I really like being busy; it's just better for you. On the other hand... I really like being rested; it's better yet.

Last weekend, I had a photoshoot with FAS Studios. They were fun to work with and although we got off to a slow, sleepy-in-the-early-morning start, I think we got some good work done. Makal was watching from the sidelines and said I looked hot tied up--did I mention this was a rope bondage shoot? cuz it was--but one of the poses was very physically tiring, and I ended up sore for a few days after. Immediately after that shoot (so immediately that I was still wearing my fancy underwear!), we went down to Eugene for Dutch's going away party. It was mainly a family thing, but he wanted his group of friends there too. We pretty much kept to our own table, didn't talk with his family much (we've all had less-than-welcoming encounters with most of them before) and drank beer whilst eating delicious foods. It was a lot of fun, but by the time Makal and I got home around 8p that evening we were both tired after not sleeping well the night before.

Unsurprisingly, we continue to not get enough sleep, consistently wanting to go to bed at a decent time but always finding something to keep us occupied 'til it's after midnight. I think Sunday was the calmest day we've had in some time; we spent pretty much the entire day watching Season 2 episodes of Buffy. Woo, Buffy! It's like I'm in high school all over again. ;)

Then yesterday, we had planned our group's second CyberPunk gaming session. Some people were coming up from Southern cities, and had planned to pick Makal up from work on their way over here. But they ended up getting into town early and showed up here at 3:30, promptly taking over my computer and putting an end to the work I'd been doing 'til I transfered to Makal's laptop. We picked him up at 5p but didn't start actually gaming until probably close to 8p. The game then proceeded to last into--you guessed it--the wee hours of the night, ending at midnight. It was at this point that we realized nobody had thought ahead to sleeping accommodations, and since we're the only people with an actual couch and enough floor space to comfortably sleep someone, two of our friends crashed here. I didn't really mind, though it would have been nice to have warning. But eh, they didn't trash the place and cleaned up after themselves, so it wasn't so bad.

I actually didn't have the apartment to myself until they left at noon today--a few more hours and I would've been in their company for a full 24 hours. Compare that to the time I'd spent with Makal between 5p yesterday and when he left for work at 7a this morning, and it's kind of sad. By this afternoon I was seriously jonesin' for some cuddles. And of course, instead of relaxing by taking a hot bath or a nap, I spent the afternoon frantically planning for the next two days, in which I will continue to exhaust myself.

You see, Antiorder and I... well, you know how I mentioned that we're odd together? A couple of weeks ago she asked if I wanted to hang at her mom's place nearby and do laundry, as she was headed out there anyway. We ended up cleaning her mom's place, which was Antiorder's original purpose in being there, but I couldn't very well sit and watch a movie while my friend worked! We cleaned for several hours and went back the next day to finish the job. While we were standing in her mom's shower, inadvertently huffing Scrubbing Bubbles and putting some elbow grease into the shower grime, we realized that we could do that for money more often. So, we wrote up an ad, put it on Craigslist and were getting responses within the hour.

So now I sit at my desk, drinking chai and espresso and waiting for her to pick me up so we can head out to some fellow's house. He moved out and is going to sell the place, so it's completely empty... and I imagine it's also going to have quite a bit of grime. Then tomorrow we meet with another new client to start regular appointments with her. I imagine that by the time the weekend rolls around, I'll be nothing but exhausted and will just lay on the couch the whole time. Which wouldn't be so bad, because that means that Makal would cook, and he makes pretty good food. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger, model, proffessional grime killer. Thats one hell of a resume you've got there!

Also, yay buffy!

M. Here said...

You don't even know the third of it, Nahu. I'm extremely overqualified! ;)

And yeah, Buffy rocks. Aah, highschool!

 

scientology.org

xenu.net