Tuesday, May 30

LJ: "Crazy" Weekend

Amazingly, the iPodomancy held true ("What is in store for this weekend?: Crazy - kidneythieves"). It started off with a mid-afternoon car accident on a busy overpass with lots of onramps; plus, it was also a very rainy weekend, and for some reason people in Eugene can't drive worth shit in the rain (you'd think they'd be good at it, since that's supposedly what this town's all about). Nobody was seriously injured in the four-car incident. The worst damage went to the guy who started it--he apparently wanted to see how far his little silver sportsy car could fit under Makal's Isuzu Amigo, which is apparently really only up to the Amigo's back tires. There was a domino effect to the cars in front of us, but it would appear our vehicle recieved the brunt of the damage, breaking the muffler and hitch, as well as the front bumber and license plate. The other two cars were barely even scratched up--good thing the car the guy first impacted with had four-star front and rear collision ratings! Thank you Makal for your foresight into stupid people's driving habits. Amusingly, one woman at the scene was quite tickled with his bumper sticker of "I'm just driving like this to piss you off". Oh, and there was a sheriff not far from the accident, a few lanes away perhaps, and as we all woke up from the initial shock, he helped direct us over to the shoulder and got everyone's information exchange started. That was one situation where I was truly glad to see the cops!

So yes, that was my first car accident. I wouldn't mind if it was my last, either. ;) Because of the driving conditions that day, I was already tensed and bracing myself as we pulled to a stop behind the car in front of us, and I think one of my first thoughts was "OMG car accident!". I was really worried about the windshield breaking, and thought I heard it doing so, but it remained intact. The sound of stuff breaking was probably from the car behind us, in retrospect. Makal hit his knee on the stearing wheel, and also hit his ankle and elbow on something. A few days of stiffness and we're mostly okay now, though Makal still can't walk long distances. :P

How can a weekend start like that and not be considered "crazy"?! We continued on with reactivating the WoW accounts, thus leading to several days of questing and running instances. I don't know how many damned Trolls I killed... *grumble*grumble* But it was very awesome to get to talk to all the guildies again (we may be selective in the type of players and gaming style we invite, but dang if our guild doesn't have very cool people!) as well as meet a few new ones. My character (my first out of only three WoW characters, mind you) hit Level 50--if I were a nerdy role-player I'd say "she is now a Hunter of 50 Rites" lol!--thereby passing Makal, who has never had a character hit 50 (and he played beta!). He has character ADD though, and enjoys futzing around with all the different classes, races, etc. But I've been playing mine pretty much exclusively (the other two aren't even past 10) so I'm happy with how focused I've managed to be. ;)

Random sidetrack: I just heard the lyric "You're so erotic when you're makeup runs" from Porcupine Tree's song "Blackest Eyes". Wow, what a lyric eh?! The CD is in Makal's disc drive, so I thought I'd listen to that instead of putting a shuffle on. I was not expecting crazy earthy-rock music with deep lyrics. Fun!

Anyway... The only other point of interest for the weekend is that the WoW guild site is down due to hosting issues. But I payed for that site's hosting last week. :P Besides, something is wrong with the host's site and I can't access their support page, which also contains logins to cPanel and the server's email. So. I'm at a dead end with that until I hear back from them. Boo.

Later:
I just realized that something mentioned in one of the other horoscopes I posted actualized as well. It was the line "Subjects relating to foreign places, the law, philosophy or higher knowledge of any kind will engage your attention. " from the AstroDienst horoscope. Friday evening, I think it was, I started conversing with one of the new guildies I hadn't met yet and found out he was a lawyer in New York (that is what he says at least, though I have no reason not to believe him...), and we talked about his view of law and society and got into a discussion about this concept/theory he has for virtual reality in the future. It was all quite intriguing, and educational in it's way. Needless to say, he was happy to find such a geeky guild. ^_^

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net