Wednesday, May 24

LJ: A Novel Inception

Note:Before proceeding, please know that this post was the first on my LJ, when I attempted to switch over. It explains some of the reasoning, though is probably kinda dull. Still, I post it. Full disclosure! K, not really.

novel: adj. Strikingly new, unusual, or different.
inception: n. The beginning of something, such as an undertaking; a commencement.

This journal is a new start for me. I've been there and done that as far as blogging goes, but this is the first time I've ever used LiveJournal. I've always been a Blogger gal, personally. So why am I here, now, mixing things up as I am? Because change is good, and sometimes, change is necessary. My previous blog--which I plan on maintaining to a degree, as I love it and the people connected to it too much to simply abandon the site altogether--has found its way onto the computer screens of perhaps a few too many people. I don't mind readership, but I mind those involved in my real life knowing more than I want them to. I'm a private person, always have been, so it should be no offense to those people if I choose to take a stricter view on privacy.

In addition, things have started to become simply more complicated in my life. This is bound to happen when you open your heart to more people; life is so much easier if you keep your heart closed, even to yourself. But I seem incapable of doing that anymore, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

This is obviously the post of "this is what was", so let us also have some of the "this is what shall be", eh? This shall be... a new chance. My other blog was started in a different life that contained different people; as such, I feel the premises with which I began it are somewhat limiting to me now. And as aforementioned, I think there are a few people who know of that site that shouldn't, and I don't want the life they could be reading about there to influence their opinions of me in this one. Not that I'm running away; I'm just changing course. Once a person feels their personal site (call it blog, journal, diary, or live autobiography) has been infiltrated by the real world, well, it can really limit the amount of expression one feels comfortable with in that medium. Hence, a fresh start--a fresh start somewhere with password-protected entries.

I don't want to be closed to society as a whole, but I don't want the people who are involved in my life now to get hurt. I want to be able to talk like I used to, about anything and everything, using as much reckless language and grammar as I feel appropriate. I want to talk about the taboo, about life, about love and hate, without any people who know me coming up and saying "was this about me?". Or worse, I don't want those people to stop talking to me because of anything I say about me or my opinions and experiences on my personal site. Been there done that.

So if you are reading this, it is either because I have invited you or because you just managed to find me. To the latter of which I say, "Good job, well done, you found me. If you know me IRL and are not suppose to be here, I'd recommend leaving, or keeping your trap shut." Not the warmest of welcomes, but effective enough.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net