So here's the deal: You put your entire iTunes library on "random shuffle" (because it's not quite the same as the Party Shuffle...), and ask your iTunes a question. I guess you could probably use any other music player, as long as it has access to all the music on your computer--but then, it wouldn't really be iPodomancy (because that has a better sound to it than "iTunomancy"). So, here are my results. It'd be fun to do this every week, see how things change... and yes, I really did do this randomly (no matter how odd or related to the question the song may be).
---
How am I feeling today?: Lullaby - The Cure
Will I get far in life?: Happiness is the Smell of Sin - Shiro Sagisu
How do my friends see me?: Sour Times - The Blank Theory
Where will I get married?: Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto
What is my best friend's theme song?: One Blood - Lila Downs
What is the story of my life?: Sanat - Varttina
What is/was highschool like?: Burns Attack - Paul Oakenfold
How am I going to get ahead in life?: I Steal Yo Stereo - mc chris
What is the best thing about me?: Down, Down, Down - DJ Quick, Sugar Free
How is today going to be?: Bad Girl - Alexandra Slate
What is in store for this weekend?: Crazy - kidneythieves
What song describes my parents?: Loco - Coal Chamber
My grandparents?: Karina - Dagda
How is my life going?: Ruby Rap - The Fifth Element
What song will play at my funeral?: Antissa - E.S. Posthumus
How does the world see me?: Baba Hooker (feat. Spearhead) - Zap Mama
Will I have a happy life?: Three Doors - VAST
What do my friends really think of me?: Pretty When You Cry - VAST
Do people secretly lust after me?: Ceremony - Joy Division
How can I make myself happy?: Climbing Up the Walls (Radiohead remix) - Sneaker Pimps
What should I do with my life?: Outrageous - Britney Spears
Will I ever have children?: "I just don't care..." - sound clip from Office Space
What is some good advice for me?: Where Would I Be? - Cake
What is my signature dancing song?: Daylight Dancer - Lacuna Coil
What do I think my current theme song is?: Appleseed - Tetsuya Takahashi
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: Hold Tight London (feat. Anna Lynne) - The Chemical Brothers
What type of women do you like?: Hunter - Bjork
(and since I like men to, so it's not fair to leave out my preferred...)
What type of men do you like?: End, The - The Doors
---
4:57p the same day: Upon further reflection, some of those answers are pretty damn weird, right? The "how will I get ahead in life?" question and the "parents", "children" , "dancing" and "men" questions are particularly... well, I don't want to say they're accurate, but they are so related to the question, either in lyrics or title. Makal thinks the "how do your friends really see you?" question's answer of "Pretty When You Cry - Vast" stands out a lot. He finds that the lyrics lead to quite a submissive song. Hmm. Go figure, eh? It is just so amusing and, well, creepy in its own way: how my iTunes library answered my questions. Perhaps that's a sign of a very personalized music library? I do work a lot on fine-tuning my collection into extensive categories and playlists with detailed info, so perhaps it knows me as well as I know it. o.0 Oh, and technically, these responses were not taken directly from Strombergast (my computer), but were actually narrated to and translated by Makal's silver mini (which remains nameless, save for "silver mini"--which coincidentally, matches his silver iPod Mini; and wouldn't it be fucking sweet to have one of the new dual-core Intel Inside™ 13" black MacBooks, since it would match my 4GB black iPod Nano? Yes, yes it would!). Anyway, yeah, weird. Makes me want to do it again next week even more, just to see if it remains so. I could build up a variety of playlists featuring the iPodomancy results! *spooo000oky!*
Friday, May 26
LJ: iPodomancy
Posted by
M. Here
at
11:54 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment