So today I was browsing one of my favourite sites for finding fun Google Videos, Best of Google Video, as I waited (err, wait) for Makal to get home. And I came across this fabulous video of Sony's new generation of robots doing--what else?--dancing. :) Now, the dance starts off with two of the robots performing a fan dance (No, not the erotic kind; the traditional kind! Which is, inherently, erotic, but I digress...), and doing a suberb job at it. Throughout the video I was impressed with the realism with which the robots moved (assuming, of course, that they were to be mimicking humans). Which got me thinking...
Combine the teams that work on Sony's robot technology with those who Korea's first android, and in a few years we could have android dancers who look and move just like real humans, thus completely destroying many women's plans of supporting themselves through college and early motherhood via stripping. Of course, this technology is innevitable, but so far these two groups are the leaders in what they've turned out, so it's only logical to get them working together for a faster destruction of those women's dreams.
Wednesday, May 31
LJ: Dancing Robots!
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:21 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment