Friday, May 25

Let's Take a Walk

Merrick Monroe at the gymMy body is in rough shape today. And as much as I want to say that such is due to equally rough activities (yaknow, of the sexy sort) I cannot. No, I am sore and beaten from exercise. Except, it's not so clear cut as that.

I know I mentioned that Makal and I have been trying to make it to the gym--for half an hour at the least--a couple of times a week. We hadn't gone since last Tuesday, though I had walked down to his office that Friday. So yesterday, I walked down to meet him during his lunch hour. It was a nice day out, sunny like it has been of late, and a little humid. I certainly didn't want to be wearing a tank top with sun like that, but I couldn't dress warm. So, I wore a nice loose tunic-style top I have.graffiti train portland Summer chic!, I think.

I headed out on the hour+ walk to Makal's work. I got stopped by a train on the way there, so I had a nice little break to drink water whilst under the shade of a leafy green tree, watching the freshly visible and quickly moving train cars for any hint of artistic graffiti. We got our 30 minutes in at the gym and I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. Yaknow, it was a nice day out, the trail is pretty and I get to listen to music. Plus, more exercise! Can't go wrong with that.

Actually, you can.

The unfortunate part of all this is that the aspects of me that are sore and hurt did not get that way from being at the gym; as the foreshadowing might have told you, it's all due to the walking. Walking six miles in 75° sunny weather, which takes me just over two hours round trip.

Both my feet have blisters that are practically the size of dimes in places that actually never felt like they hurt or that I thought might be at risk of getting blisters. What can I say? My feet are tough broads; I attribute it to high school marching band (nobody can march for 12 hours of the day and not go to bed whimpering). But damn the blisters nonetheless. The other, slightly more expected reason I am so sore is the sunburn. It's a nice sunburn as sunburns go, though a little heavy on my right shoulder when comparing the two. There's a nice solid line across my back, indicating just how wide-necked that tunic of mine really is.

Fabulous. I did put on sunscreen, but that was only as I left the apartment. A few hours later and all that safety net is definitely gone. Last night I felt mildly unpleasant from the sunburn, deep rosy pink that it is, but this morning it's just more taught feeling than anything. And normally, I'd let the fucker peel since that is the best way to get those harmful radiation-caused toxins out of your skin. But now? I'm lathering the burn with calendula gel and skin-saving lotions, hoping that the marks die down quickly. I'm not going to risk any short-notice but really great photo shoots go by just because I was stupid enough to get a sunburn and now my skin is falling off. Nobody wants that. Ugh, it makes me feel vain.

Moreso, I just hurt. :P

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net