Thursday, May 17

Woo, Chick Flicks!

NOTE: Thank you, Blogger, for finally adding autosave! You're on a roll; now, could you please buy IMDb? Kthnx

Makal's out late tonight attending the first day of a motorcycle riding course and probably won't be home til at least 10p. I just got back from making a late(r than usual) trip to the grocery store, and also took some movies back to rent new ones. Yaknow, it's part of that whole Blockbuster Online thing; bring in the snail-mailed movies you've watched and get a free rental. Anyway, I wasn't exactly sure what type of movies to get. We've been watching a lot of anime (like Serial Experiments Lain) and weird Japanese cinema (like Mystery of Rampo, which I'll have to talk about because it's freakin' weird), so I figured those styles were out. We've also been putting off watching The Good Sheppard, just because it's long and intense. So I thought, what we need is movies that are fun, not heavy on emotions, filmed in English, and a bit action-y. These movies you see around you are what I came home with.

I can only imagine what the guy at the video store thought. Especially since he had just been telling me about how surprisingly gory Pan's Labyrinth was (I agree) and that he'd only seen one film, something French, that squicked him more (my word, not his). Of course the only reply I had was, "Oh, so you've not seen much Japanese horror cinema, have you?" At least now he knows where to find gore, should ever he need it.

Yeah sure, these are chick flicks--if you're anything like me! ^_~

 

scientology.org

xenu.net