Monday, May 14

Put it Out There

Just this morning I was emailing a friend asking about getting together soon. I warned him that he should get back to me quick as I'm trying to fill (or at least augment) my schedule for the coming weeks, and I want to get together with him before the hustle and bustle sweeps me away. Totally joking of course. But then I logged on to ModelMayhem and found new contacts asking about my availability, never mind the people on Flickr I needed to reply to. *Whew!* Talk about putting what you want out into the world.

I think the recent sunshine and spring loveliness is starting to infect people, making them all "happy" and "optimistic" and, thus, "active". Go figure. ;)

We spent almost all day yesterday hanging out with friends for one's college graduation. The ceremony wasn't as bad as others seemed to think, but then, I only had my high school graduation to compare it to and trust me, the college one was shorter with much less inane speeches. The weather was chill but comfortable in the sun, and we sat around poking fun of the speeches and people names/majors in the program. We're all horrible non-college graduates, I know. Maybe some day we'll learn. Also, I have a bruise on my shoulder from the purse I was carrying; completely unexpected!

On the way back to Ptown with another friend driving, I called my mom to wish her a happy mother's day. I'm not big on the day myself, from a commercial vs. heartfelt standpoint, but I know she'd get snippy if I didn't call. At one point she mentioned how I'd gone a while without emailing her, and I replied "Yeah yeah, mom, I know. I'm a horrible child and the worst daughter ever." Her reply was, "Yeah well I'm a horrible mom." I'm not sure if it was a heartfelt moment of bonding or casual admittance of what I'm sure we've both felt. Kind of depressing that the latter is a feasible possibility.

Last... Wednesday (boy last week went fast!) I met Makal at his office as the work day was wrapping up. We went to the little gym/weight room made available to that office suites' clients and spent about half an hour working out. I'm not big of direct physical fitness, much preferring to take the more personal route of incorporating healthy activities into everyday life, but such isn't always a possibility (or easy). He and I are trying to start a regular workout schedule, especially now that the weather's nicer and it's easier for me to get down there. We also found a nice wooded trail that covers have the distance between us, so I can walk there and not be in direct sunlight the entire time ("it buuuurns!"). And last week we picked me up some new sneakers (tennis shoes? I'm not sure of the difference) so that now I have no excuse--like not having any shoes good for walking--to not walk down there. ;)

1 comment:

Rhys said...

"I'm not big of direct physical fitness, much preferring to take the more personal route of incorporating healthy activities into everyday life, but such isn't always a possibility (or easy)"

You have no idea how much I giggled at that statement.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net