We opened our front door this morning to find... cat pee. We're used to finding it *inside* our apartment--I mean hell, we do have three cats--but outside? How odd that some rogue cat chose our door to mark. I don't think it's fair that I should have to clean our cats' pee and others', but I'll still do it. :P
So, yeah, I've been kinda quiet lately. No, Nahu, I've not forsaken PF. I don't exactly know why I've not been posting; it's certainly not for lack of topics to write about. I guess I have just felt kind of out of it? Makal and I have been sick off and on for the last few weeks, alternating between colds and flues and general physical malaise. Lots of time spent curled up together on the couch watching movies. I just haven't felt like living on the computer every day; as much as I love the internet, it is not my life. I just need a break every once in a while.
You who are familiar with me and my habit of getting distracted and going on tangents of other activities were perhaps suspect that such is what happened this time. And if you combine it with the above, yep, it is what happened. I don't remember quite how it came about, but Makal suddenly decided to start making chain maille. So he bought wire, some wooden dowels, and a new pair of pliers, and some metal cutting bits and went to town. We're both recovering from sore blistered hands; it is a lot of work to twist steel into a coil, cut the links, then knit them into a recognizable weave. Work that our soft delicate computer-addict hands are not used to. Our coffee table is covered in baggies of different size links, pliers, and weave samples. And I've definitely enjoyed scouring teh interwebs looking at photos of other people's projects, finding interesting new weaves, and trying to figure out just what sort of benefits we'll gain from knowing how to make chain maille. I think we're a couple hundred years too late though, lest this world turns cyberpunk... :D
Yesterday the weather was suddenly quite sunny and warm. Makal was home sick and when I went to the grocery store midday to get him supplies (mmm, soup) I realized just how gorgeous the weather was. It was the first time in a very long time that I've looked up and seen total blue, not a cloud in the sky. And unlike Eugene, Portland doesn't have a constant brown haze on the horizon; were I to have had my glasses on, I could have seen for miles. I got home and opened windows to let in the fresh breeze; we even slept with the bedroom window slightly open, and still got too warm. So, here's looking forward to Spring in Portland, and the end of these dark months of winter.

1 comment:
Yay, she lives!
I have a couple of real swords and a bow, in case the world does turn cyberpunk. Which I dont know why i'd need them since I'd surely be some sort of intellectual activist or some shit. Still, its good to be prepared.
Post a Comment