Thursday, June 7

You, Over There, WTF?

Hey, you, person in West Linn! Yes, you. I saw you just now, arriving at my blog by way of a Google search. I saw your query too, "pErFeCtLy fLaWeD". Who the hell are you, writing like that? What are you, 12? If you are you shouldn't be on this site. For that matter, you probably shouldn't be searching for the term "perfectly flawed" at all--no matter your typographical (mis)choices--seeing as how the most popular results are me, a Harry Potter slash site, couture fashion, other Internet users with lame networking site profiles, and a book on genetic disorder. And yes, I realize that you could very well be searching for that book and might be suffering your own genetic trauma, but again considering your alternating caps I'm willing to say it's a safe bet that you aren't too fond of reading about anything, let alone obscure diseases.

Is it possible that the Internet is still raising children to type in alternating capitals? How did this happen? I've been "getting online" since I was 8 (and helping the adults figure it out since the same age) and I've never seen the appeal of alternating caps. Well, of typing in alternating caps at least; the eccentric Dadaist artist in me loves the chaotic misappropriation of one of the essential rules of the English language as well as generations of typographical design. But that's what I get for doing my History of Graphic Arts final in the style of Hannah Höch.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net