Monday, August 27

The Long, Curvy Legs of Monday

It's Monday! And I'm posting a blog entry! OMG! Just sayin'. ;)

So, my leg cramp from Saturday, while probably lasting not even a minute, has continued to pain me. I walked about 6 miles with Makal on Saturday and it did okay, only starting to hurt in the home stretch and even then it wasn't a "hurt" so much as a "i have the potential to make you miserable". Echoes of that morning's pain. I've been stretching it lots too to help the muscle relax. Yet Sunday I was practically limping around and I definitely felt muscle soreness when trying to use that leg--sitting around doing nothing, though, was perfectly fine. So last night Makal rubbed lots of Tiger Balm into my sore muscle and I fell asleep chilled by the clear night air and the tingly sensation on my leg. This morning, my leg feels much better! It was still a little tense when pointing my toes up and stretching that way, but I took a super hot bath--perhaps my warmest since the summer heat set in--and I think I'm a-okay now. Huzzah. :D

Speaking of legs, I was checking in on one of my "love to hate" blogs, Egotastic, and saw a thumbnail in the sidebar of a recent post on Jennifer Lopez in a bikini. From the preview pic, I thought her body was looking pretty realistic (and relatable), and recalling how most people seem to have gone on about her gorgeous booty I was looking forward to the writer talking about J-Lo lookin' good in those zebra stripes. But no, he had this to say: "You knew she had a big ass, but in these Jennifer Lopez bikini pictures you can see what makes it so big: Cellulite." Umm, hello? Just what do you think big booties are made of? I mean, I know that fat doesn't always equal cellulite, but it's kind of inevitable when certain body parts are in question (namely, the lower half). Big butt = big hips = big thighs. True, there might be other equations for big butts, but I speak from experience when I say that's the most common one. And trust me, I wish it wasn't so true: it would be super cool if my ample bottom wasn't stuffed with fat cells and was, instead, due to amazingly oversized gluteus maximus muscles; imagine the vertical leap I'd have! I would've done much better running hurdles in middle school instead of, yaknow, falling all over them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'd Love to have a vertical leap like that!

Ouch I feel for you with the leg cramps. We have a family recipe that I swear works wonders. One banana a day (or before bed if you happen to have leg cramps strike at night, as I do) its something about the potassium. Oh yeah and lots of water throughout the day.

You may want to talk to your doctor or nutritionist if your leg cramps keep up.

Hope you get your leap on!
Take care,
Hazel.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net