I'm going to be fiddling with the template of this blog today, so if you visit and things looks wonky or it doesn't look like PF, well, that's why. I know, kind of spoils the surprise, and considering that most of you read PF via RSS it doesn't matter much. I just like to cover my bases.
This post will won't be deleted once my template is happily revised, thanks to the awesome geek comments! ;D
---
So, I've been working on this template thing all morning. I'm trying to turn this into a 3 column layout but am not getting very far with the templates or guides I found via Google Groups. Really I just don't grok this crazy Blogger pidgin what with it's mixing of CSS and Ajax. Harrumph. But I'm about to go try applying what I've figured out from the guides, and maybe create the 3 columns of my own accord. Luck?
---
So, here we are. A day wasted, or a day well spent? You be the judge, and let me know what you think of this layout in the comments. As I said, I've been wanting to go 3 column for a while, but every time I'd open the "Edit HTML" section... jeepers! That's unfamiliar territory, though some of it looked familiar. I must've snapped this morning because I just kind of started doing it and made myself focus throughout the day--not getting distracted with downloading music or doing dishes or any silly things like that. ^_~ Also, caffeine helped. Thank you for your contributions, Mr. Dark Columbian Supreme espresso.
I think part of the reason that I just had to change it was because I know that if I'm not really "in to" something, it's probably because that something is somehow lacking. In this case, PF was lacking a column. It's actually still lacking a few things, mainly that I need to go through the widgets and either reorganize or redesign them. I've been promising a handful of people that once I get around to doing some admin work here, I would totally add links to their site. I've not actually done that yet... but I will. Like, tonight or something. Seriously.

9 comments:
Needs more Under Construction GIFs.
90's style!
That tempts me in a terrible way, Nahu. Shame!
What Nahu said.
Incorporate roadsigns into your next photoshoot.
I'm taking credit for that by the way
Duly noted Rhys; I just so happen to have an affinity for construction sites. ;) Credit is yours!
Holy WEB 2.0! Would you look at that! Wait, something's wrong, thats a JPEG not a GIF! D:
Preposterous!
That aside, it looks pretty spiffy, merrick! I do kind of miss catwoman in the background though, now she's all alone in the footer.
Also: score! a link! ( '_')b
LOL, I know, but I couldn't find any animated GIFs with a Creative Commons license. ;D
Catwoman will make her reappearance, worry not! She just needs a little rest but I'm sure she'll be ready for the corner again soon. Wait, that sounds weird...
Is it because you are flattered (and - knowing you - probably oblige) when the workers on the site say "PHWOAR! Get your tits out love!"?!? ;)
OMG Rhys! If anyone ever said that to me, I'd probably be too flabbergasted to respond with *either* my wits or my tits!
And actually, I mainly like heavy duty power tools, and not because of this vid alone!
I like the changes.
Also a bit touched to be in your links. Thank you.
Post a Comment