I've been working on my Members Only site a lot lately. A LOT. I have been level 69 in WoW for over a week yet the only thing consuming my mind has been that website, I kid you not. Saturday night I worked on it late enough for it to become Sunday before finally giving up to my current mental block and deciding I needed sleep. Waking up on Sunday, it was the first website I loaded. Except it wasn't there.
Funny, I thought, maybe the server is down for repairs? Nope, nothing from the hosting company in my inbox. So I logged in and loaded up cPanel to see if there were any notices there. Not only were there no notices, there were no files. My entire user directory on the server had been wiped clean.
We've given the hosts a day's grace since we discovered this on a Sunday and, as much as I (really, severely) dislike the situation, I realize that things happen--not that that makes it okay. So Makal is coordinating with their tech support to see what the problem is and why in holy hell it happened. They're good guys, my hosting company, but I'd rather not be as social with them as has been needed of late.
I told Makal that I'm being not-freaked-out about this. He said I "seem to have more of a aura of... passive acceptance." Yeah, prettymuch. I mean, it really really sucks.
If you can recommend a phenomenal hosting company that accepts adult content, by all means please leave a comment! I might just be in the market soon.
Monday, March 17
Everything... Gone...
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:03 AM
Labels: admin, naughtymerrick

5 comments:
Wow, you seem to be pretty composed about this. If something like this were to happen to any of my websites I'd be going batshit insane.
Hopefully youve been a good geek and have a backup of everything, just in case.
I've been *mostly* good... I've got all the original files on my HD, and use Blogger for my CMS, so all that's still around.
The REAL devastation, if things don't find their way back to normal, is the BRAND NEW Gallery2 database I installed last week, and have been uploading to and tagging. Damn. And I'd have to re-watermark all the images too.
I'd expect to be batshit insane too, but somehow I just... am.
Kaya and I use Laughing Squid (laughingsquid.net) for our respective sites. I've been with them for a bit now and haven't had any problems to speak of. As far as I know, she's happy with her service as well.
Dara, thanks for the heads up! I've heard good things about Laughing Squid's hosting, so I'll definitely keep them in mind.
Over 2 days and my site's still down with no word from the host as to what happened. :(
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment