Thursday, March 13

"The Ring" Really *Is* FREAKY!!!

I just melted a little out of sheer freaded-outedness...

Tonight, Makal gets home as dinner's cooking, and we decide to watch a movie while we eat. He tossed out a few suggestions, I tossed out a few, but nothing was sounding too interesting. He's been wanting to watch "The Ring" for a while, but he always manages to propose it when it's late and I'm tired, and I'm always paranoid that I'll have weird messed up dreams because of it. I mean hell, I don't care if it scares you or not, it's a freaking creepy movie.

Tonight, I finally relented. I was in a good mood, fairly alert, and it was barely dark out.

Towards the end of the movie, as the tape is being copied, Makal ponders aloud, "I wonder what would happen if the video was posted to YouTube?" The concept amused me; I kinda wonder if you'd get a phone call from it or--and I figure this is more likely--an ominous IM.

20 minutes later, and I'm on the computer checking a few networks and bringing up Google Reader. There were a couple new posts in my "Comic" folder, so I clicked on that (hoping for maybe a new Questionable Content). As I finish reading the first, and start scrolling to the second, Makal comes over and starts trying to pull me away from the computer (I am easily distracted by it). But then...

I melt... I start pointing at the screen and shrieking, "No! We have to see it! Look! LOOK!!! It's The Ring! It says "The Ring"!!! Omg, "You watched the tape!?"?!?!?!!? Let me loooook...." A bit of struggling later, and he lets me scroll down. I give you, tonight's XKCD:


OMG! I mean, seriously, oh my god. That is so freaky. How can that not be freaky? I'm not even stoned right now, I am that serious. Makal even told me I had to blog this "while it was still relevant" (ha) so that's what I'mma doing. Blogging the relevant FREAKY ASS "coincidence" of us watching The Ring and discussing it's ramifications on YouTube, as that XKCD guy is posting a freaking comic about it. 100th monkey syndrome, or something more nefarious at work?

If I have bad dreams tonight, I am so glaring at him in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a well known fact xkcd gets all its ideas from the hivemind of internet geeks. Your thoughts arent yours,resistance is futile, yada yada yada.

M. Here said...

Wow, so how many 'net geeks watched the ring that night?! That's a little disturbing...

 

scientology.org

xenu.net