Tuesday, August 30

On Blogrolling (and Such)

So, I've played switcharoo once again with my sidebar links. I noticed that since I started using Bloglines as an RSS aggregator for all my favourite blogs and news sites, I was slacking off and not reading the new posts, letting them build and build until, with some feeds, the maximum of 200 posts was reached—and like I'm gonna sit there and read 200 posts of anything. So now...
A) My sidebar is back to using Blogrolling so that I can visit each actual site to read the updates. (Plus, Bloglines didn't really like the feeds from some of my favourite sites, so I missed reading them altogether.)
B) Hopefully I can manage to stay on top of using my Bloglines account for just news feeds (like from Wired and Slashdot) and interesting non-personal sites (such as Lifehacker and 43 Folders)
C) I did indeed download Google's Desktop sidebar program, just to see what it was like, and have so far found it quite handy. The photo slideshow reminds me of all the dumb photos I have on my comp, there's a nice plugin for iTunes, and the Web Clips feature will put all my favourite news and blogs right at my fingertips (er, um, pointer tip...).

Anyway, so that's what I worked on for a bit today. More completely non-useful stuff that will get me nowhere in life, but make what life I do have supposedly easier to manage. Uh-huh. Stay tuned for the next portion of the day, in which I will continue to transfer image files from the old computer to this one, and then organize them! Will the wonders never cease? (I sure hope so.)

1 comment:

Karl Elvis said...

It's often the useless stuff that's the most satisfying.

And speaking of images...

 

scientology.org

xenu.net