Sunday, August 21

Scatterbrain

I had something I'd wanted to post about, and now I can't remember it. It wasn't a big something, just a random thing I noticed today that I wanted to just mention for posterity's sake. But now I'm going mad at not being able to remember what it was. And I'm wracking my brain trying to recount every step of my day to figure out just what it could have been. No idea though. It's frustrating.

So today was my mom's birthday. We didn't do anything particularly special or exciting; I rented "Wedding Date" and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". The former was not that great, and I'd recommend you only rent it if you have a coupon. The latter, however, was just odd. Completely random and surreal, yet it made perfect sense. And now I've got Portuguese versions of David Bowie songs stuck in my head, godamnit.

Makal took me to lunch today at a place I'd never heard of but turned out to be quite nice. It had a really good atmosphere, fairly nice wait staff, enjoyable galleries by local artists, and free pool on Sundays. But the music. Oh heavens, why do people continue to think that Norah Jones and Jack Johnson are acceptable for an edgy chic listening experience? Really, every other upstart boutique and café and whatever is playing both those artists; what makes these people think we want to hear them more?! Even worse than that music was the 70's groove funk, a la Marvin Gaye and co. This is the second time we've gone to lunch these past few days and had that sort of "gettin' it on" music playing. He asked if they're trying to send us a message; I'm convinced that if they are, it's just that we should be gettin' it on. Because it seems that if we aren't in public listening to that damned soulful music, we're in private gettin' it on. Anyway, the food was really good and I was excited to find a new fun little eatery. Plus I won the game of pool. :D

I've fallen into a routine of spending at least every other night over at Makal's apartment, and this is the first time I can remember from the past few weeks that I've spent two consecutive nights in my own bed. I really didn't think such a thing would affect me, but it does. I must be in withdrawal or something. Because all I want to do is stand on tip-toe and wrap my arms around His neck and kiss Him until he either pushes me away or ravages me (and rarely is it the first of the two). ::sigh:: I don't know what's going to happen if I stay home a third night; after that I don't think I could be held responsible for my actions when next I see Him.

Damnit, it is really going to drive me crazy that I can't remember what I wanted to talk about. Yar.

1 comment:

Karl Elvis said...

>I had something I'd wanted to post about, and now I can't remember it.

'Must have been a lie, then', as my friend Papa Christo always says when you say 'I forgot what I was gonna say'.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net