My mom, in a surprise twist of not only understanding the changing face of technology but also spending a large sum of guilt-trip free money on me, bought me a black 4GB nano for christmas. (It was casette tapes and metal-banded headphones for me up until highschool, so this is a big leap.) Sadly, I don't think she knew about the local Mac store, or didn't want to go in there, because she bought the Nano for me from Amazon and, given the season, its shipment was delayed until the end of this month ("At least you'll have it in time for your birthday..."). She also got me the dock, armband, a leather fold-over case (by dasblau), and this black FunSkin case (which I showed her after getting the iPod—it was a day-after gift ^^). Really it's fine that I don't have the actual nano yet, as this gives me lots of time to plan just what I'll be doing with it. What is that you say? I'll obviously be listening to music with it dumdum? Pfft, no way. You should know me better than that. I must make it mine! It must be unique and fashionable and multifunctional in ways never before thought of! That is, after I name it of course.
So yeah, right about now I'm getting all charged up thinking about just what I'll be doing with my iPod. I just found this list, 50 Fun Things To Do With Your iPod (besides listen to music with those white earbuds), and it got me all inspired. I'm really keen on the OS hack (number 15 on the list, link), although I realize that despite the mass hysterical popularity of iPods, most mod-related things are targeted at full-size or mini iPods, not so much the nano (yet...).
And knowing my crafty self, I'm also probably going to end up making a nano case from an Altoid tin (similar to item #35 in above article, link) just because it's adorable and decorative. I could make a case for every holiday, or to go with different outfits, so that in the morning (er, early afternoon) when getting dressed I'll be saying "Honey, which iPod nano Altoid case do you think would go best with these pants?"
Then there's the matter of keeping it charged (because, you know, it's not like I spend all day at home—I'm so totally on-the-go all the time...). Luckily somebody figured out a way to make a charger for iPods (or cell phones) that uses a 9v battery and fits inside an Altoid case; and he'll tell you how (he also sells kits). Can you imagine that, paired with an Altoid-tin case? All I'd need is the damn headphones to be made from mint tins too (no, I don't think those exist yet).
Plus, I could always get it laser etched...
Oh, also on the iPod front: the other day Makal and I went to pick up a new Griffin iTrip (our last one broke), as He'd seen they were on sale for $20 at Fred Meyers. The iTrip He got when He bought His silver mini was $35, so that's a good $15 savings. Lo were we surprised when the girl at the checkout said it was $14.99! Yeah, crazy, a $15 Griffin iTrip. We have no idea if there was a glitch or a secret sale or what, but hey, we weren't complaining. Here's a link to the actual model on Griffin's site: link, which, btw, is listed at $39.99. Really, really great fucking deal we found! :D
Sunday, January 8
iPod-A-Looza
Posted by
M. Here
at
4:41 PM

1 comment:
You're such a geek.
I love it!
Post a Comment