Saturday, January 21

OMG p4p3r r0ut3-z0rz!!!1!

This morning, round about 3a, Makal and I set off on our first morning of delivering newspapers. Oh yes, we deliver newspapers. :) We picked up a route that a friend of ours has been subbing, and Friday morn we went with him to get an idea of what the route was like; today was our first day doing it alone. It's not such a bad gig if you don't mind the hours. I mean, we get to drive around, listen to music, talk, walk/jog around a pretty neighborhood, and earn money.

This morning was tough, as we stayed up (napping occasionally) after cooking dinner at my mom's house and watching the Serenity DVD (yaaay!); it didn't seem worth the few hours of sleep before leaving. But we realized that such a schedule won't really work for us, what with Makal having his internship to go to around 1p and all. When would we sleep? The concept of "a few hours here, a few hours there" does not sound very appealing. Or healthy. So we've stayed up most of today (again, napping occasionally) and are hoping to get to bed more around 10p than our usual 2a. Hopefully we can quickly adapt to this new routine, as we have not really had a regular sleep schedule since, oh, about when we moved in here. And it is nice being flexible on such a thing, but it's also nice to have a full night's rest.

So, yeah, paper route. Don't ask me why I typed it in leet-speak up there; it just seemed like the thing to do. ;) I want to give the job at least a month, just to see if we can do a paper route, get money from it, and have a life all at the same time. The concept makes me excited ('cos it's kinda fun) and nervous ('cos it is a lot of work) at the same time. *crosses fingers*

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to have tasty tasty delicious Japanese curry made by Makal (although I helped by chopping all the veggies ^^) and watch Dark City. Here's to our new schedule! ;)

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net