Allright, it's now officially January 2nd, 2006 (hey! that's the first time I've written that!), and that means that the holidays are now officially over. So all you damned stores that Makal and I tried to go to yesterday, you'd better be open now because there's no more reasons for you to be closed! ;)
Everyone have a good holiday season? Good, I'll assume you did. Mine was unexpectedly busy and fun. I would've posted bit by bit, as things occured, but when I say we were busy, I mean Busy (note the implied "with a capital B"). Now I'm sitting here pondering just how I can approach telling y'all about what's been going on. Do I go all the way back to the several solstice parties we attended, or skip right to the punch and talk about my spending most of christmas day with Makal's family (including his wife)? Should I give you a rundown of my christmas bounty—a quite unexpected haul—or stick with more recent events, such as the drunken New Years party where the guys stripped down to their skivvies, the girls stayed fully clothed, and we all watched pirate porn?
Yeah, see, it was a busy holiday season.
But I'll get to that soon enough. Right now I want to dive into a bit of nostalgia in the form of my very very first blog post ever. It was posted on January 3rd, 2002, which was the year I would graduate from high school. I can't remember exactly why I started blogging, except that I knew other people were doing it and it seemed trendy. And wouldn't ya know it, I started on Blogger too and at this point I think it'd take a lot of effort to get me to switch to another system. Anyway, I'm getting off-track. It was really funny to pull out this first blog post, from a different blog/account, mainly because it was a post of New Year resolutions and in rereading it, it all seems so very long ago. As in, was I really aiming for stuff like that? I'll have to keep myself from going back into that blog too much and rereading everything; I have a feeling I'd go into shock or something, remembering all the stuff that was going on at the time. So, as a New Year treat, I'm pasting the bulk of the post below, just so y'all can see what a silly little non-capital-using goth highschooler I was. ;D
---
New Year's Resolution: maintain journal
yes, well. that's all fine and dandy. and while i planned to start this on the first exactly, i procrastinated (my belly hurt from celebration junk foods :P ). and now it's the third. so, i guess this will do.
last night/today i made the website for my cam class. i think it's pretty freakin cool looking, although i did steal some elements from another site. then again, it's a site about sex so i don't think anyone's really going to be visiting both. i think this would make a good portfolio type deal if i decide to do web design. who knows.
Other New Year's Goals:
get a final C in college high english.
maintain B< in college bio.
get into a preferred college
finish every painting i start
keep my room clean
do well in DECA/FBLA competitions
GET A JOB! (preferrably at hot topic, express, or victoria's secret)
---
So, hahaha, yeah, that was me circa 2002. Oh if you could read the other posts, how you would laugh! (I don't really miss it though.) And for those of you wondering...
I succeeded in maintaining the journal for a year—in fact, I updated that blog for over two years.
I did get a C in english, pulling it remarkably from my ass after having an F most of the term.
I think I passed bio with a C+...
I ended up going to the local community college for a few years, never getting a degree.
I have no idea if I finished every painting, but knowing me, probably not.
My room was way not clean.
I got some state ribbons, awards, certificates, etc. Never went to nationals though.
I did get a job; in fact, two. First was working at Gap during the summer/fall, then Hot Topic in fall/winter. Try classifying my personal dress style now bizatch. ;)
Anywho, regarding this year. The reason I pulled up that way-old post was because it is related to one of my goals for this year: update this damn blog frequently enough that people don't have to worry if I've turned into a crack-whore. So, what would be a good post-frequency to shoot for then? "Once a week" seems a bit sparse, but do-able. I have a feeling "daily" would be nigh impossible, but challenging. I'll just have to do what I can, and resign to posting interesting links or music recommendations when I don't really have the time to post a full entry. As far as any other resolutions go, well, I don't really have any. I've never really been able to maintain "New Years Resolutions"; they've always been more guidelines than anything else, and heck, I can set goals for myself any time of the year. I'd rather do that than bombard myself with a bunch of new self-imposed rules and regulations. Most people who know me well know I'm not good with self-regulation. (That's why I'm submissive, nurr.)
Addendum: Actually, I think I'm going to add "respond to emails in a timely manner, i.e. within 3-4 days" as another resolution. I've gotten pretty bad at that too, and doing so will be another way to quash any suspicion of being lost in a seedy underworld of drugs and porn.
Speaking of being a sub, I've got a counter full of dirty dishes that really need to be tackled, and a whole rest of the house to work on cleaning today while Makal's at his internship. So, yaknow, I should probably get on that. Or I could roll out a new Cyberpunk character. Hmm... ;)
Monday, January 2
Welcome to the Future! Where's My Flying Car Bitch?!
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:20 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment