Today is the first of the month, meaning that it is the 10-month anniversary of my first date with Makal. :) (Also, it's the 9-month anniversary of when I moved in with him! ;) Happy times; it's been an excellent 10 months. Lots of stuff has happened, resulting in lots of stuff changing, pretty much all for the better. What can I say, I love the guy. =D Also, this now being June, Makal's birthday is this month. w00t!
So, speaking of change (what a segway, you totally know I had it planned...), I'm making some changes to the blog. Namely, that I'm not going to be posting here much anymore. I just... don't have it in me. I think Perfectly Flawed has lived the life I needed it to, and I'm just kind of over it right now. I started the site long ago in the days of working in adult entertainment, and while I'm still me (still Merrick!), I'm just not "feeling" what this blog was created to be. I've met some amazing bloggers through it, some who long ago dissappeared, others who have gone on to do great things with their sites. I know bloggers who have book deals, who speak at conventions, who get tons of genre-specific recognition and all from the work they've done with and through their blogs. But that's just not me, neither lauded nor lost, and that's okay. I'm not in it for the hits.
I am, however, in blogging for the act of sharing. Sure, the way things work it's pretty much all *me* sharing and you *reading*, but some will say that everyone needs a psychologist. You, Internet, are my silent listener. And I want to keep talking.
So I am starting something new. This will be, oh, the third blog that I've started. Granted, my new journal isn't really tweaked to my specifications yet, layout and sidebar wise, but it's far enough along that I feel it is going to be serving it's purpose quite well. Now, the thing about the new place: it's a LiveJournal. Yes Karl, I know you said it's one of the worst. But it has something that intrigues me and that I think could benefit me--namely that you can limit who sees what (plus all my friends are there ^_^). I can keep all you loverly folks tuned in to what's going on in my world (because you really need to know), and still maintain a level of privacy by putting my more introspective, explicit content behind a hearty "friends" lock. Yeah, I'm gonna be a bitch like that. But there is a silver lining...
I already have a week's worth of posts, because I wanted to bring y'all in after things were already swinging, not during the slow process of starting. I want you to have something to read, since I've denied you for so long! And although I am upon occasion using the wonder of the "friends only" option, there are a great deal of posts (all save one, so far) that aren't hidden from your guest-y eyes, and they contain vast amounts of witty, informative, and smart alecky content. Yes, they contain content! Pleonasms for the win! Don't know what a pleonasm is? Go to my new blog and find out! Told you it was informative. ;)
Those of you who have an LJ account, I have no qualms about adding you as a friend. I mean, let's face it, all the fun is gonna be on the inside (and the party's already started!), plus I do enjoy spreading the love. I just need to have a blog that feels like Me again; once I do (err, now that I do...) I can post the same sort of awesome content I used to. I can be raunchy and rude and blasphemous and horrible, but it will be awesome because that is who I am, and I am very good at being me. Plus, there will be more words! Not just the sort of words you see here today, but new words--new in the sense that they have existed for years, but I will be incorporating them into my writing more. And there'll be grammar to match, some of it will even be quite olde-skool. Doesn't that sound like fun?! I know I'm looking forward to it.
Anyway, folks with an LJ account, even if it's just a placeholder to allow you access into us annoying folks who add privacy settings, come on down and email me (still merrick *dot* monroe *at* gmail *dot* com--not that my phrasing it like that eliminates all the bots...) or drop a comment down below. Because, readers, I do want to keep you around! You're my regulars! If this blog were a bar, I'd surely know your names. But it isn't. Though I do know your IP addresses...
Here's to new beginnings...!
Still Merrick; still naughty.
Thursday, June 1
So.
Posted by
M. Here
at
12:25 PM

1 comment:
That's you my dear sweet Merrick - going from bad to worse with your whole blogger to LJ thing. You could have moved up, but no - you're digging deep.
I love you anyway.
Post a Comment