Last night the power really did go out, somewhere around 8pm I think. We'd finished dinner and were trying to figure out what to do next--play Yahtzee, watch a movie, play a different game, etc. Suddenly the lights flickered pretty drastically, and then went out altogether. We gathered a few candles, made hot cocoa before the water in the teapot cooled, and went outside to see what the area looked like dark.
Oddly, only half of our apartment complex and the nearby 7-11 lost power (from what we could see). Back in the apartment, I was amused to look out the back windows and see apartments with beams of lights moving around erratically as people brought out the flashlights. Yet when looking back later, all the apartment windows were still dark. Our apartment however was filled with light! We lit one candle sconce that has mirrors to reflect the light out, Makal's candelabra, and a few little tea lights. That was ample light for playing Scrabble, and we spent the evening feeling like we were camping out in our own apartment. Our first Portland power outage! ;)While the lights were out, I looked up at one point and commented that the wall sconce would make a neat picture. Much to Makal's eventual chagrin, I got up during the game and started taking pictures of candles. It wasn't long before I brought out my figure model to pose with the candelabra. Woo! He's a great model too, very compliant. ;) I'm pretty happy with how some of the shots turned out; there's a whole range of moods. Some make him look like an evil warlock and others are kind of sad. I'll post a few here as soon as I can figure out why the Flickr blog posting isn't working, or figure out how to direct link photos. :P
Update: I can't seem to get Flickr to post to my blog anymore; I'm guessing it has something to do with how I switched to beta. :P So, these are regular ol' embedded images. You can still click my Flickr doo-dad thing to the left for the full shoot!

No comments:
Post a Comment