Sunday, December 17

Recent Upgrades

Since upgrading to Blogger in beta (and still, I say finally!) I've managed to make a fair few changes. Most of them are things that I'd wanted to do for some time, but simply couldn't be arsed to do. I didn't want to rework my entire custom template to add in things that have only recently become available, or things that I had left out the first go round. It's been nice, too; I think the changes are all for the better so far. PF finally looks a bit more Web 2.0, yaknow? I do <3s me some Web 2.0!

Most of the changes took place in the sidebar; the only one that didn't is of course Blogger's late-in-the-game inclusion of tags. Well, they call them labels, but let's face it: they're tags. That doesn't mean much for you, since they're at the bottom and you'll probably already have read my post and be aware of what it talks about. But it is good for me, in that it makes my blog profile on Technorati look a lot spiffier. ;)

One of the nicer changes that I'd wanted to implement a long time ago is the ability to subscribe to a feed of my new PF posts. Of course, it's via Feedburner, so you can subscribe with whatever reader you may use. What's nice about this is that I also have my Flickr account linked to the same feed. So whenever I add public photos to Flickr, they'll be spliced into the feed and show up in your reader. Pretty spiffy, huh? ;)

There's also nifty links to add PF to your Blogrolling blogroll, or to your Technorati favourites. Just, yaknow, in case you wanted to... *whistles innocently*

There's also, of course, the Flickr badge that links to my account. I've got some issue with the display options, mainly that you can't seem to arrange photos in anything other than one column. Which, if you have 10 photos, is quite a skyscraper! So I opted for three random photos, because of course, I'll probably post here when there's no ones. If only there was a different way to do it. :P

I also added a track listing from my Last.fm account. Now, I think this is *super* nifty, because y'all know how much I love my musics. I'm pretty much listening to music 24/7--if I'm not it's because I'm either not here or we're watching something. Now, all of *you* can see all the weird music I listen to!

There's some upgraded stuff in the "About PF" section, included a revamped Technorati link and search box, my TTLB ecosystem ranking (I moved up two ranks since upgrading! woo!) and my Creative Commons license. Oh, and my Sitemeter counter; only about 2,000 more hits before I reach 20,000 visitors!

Under that I added a list of other sites linking to PF. These aren't just blogs with links directly to me, but also anyone that comes in from a random "next blog" link on the Blogger toolbar up top. Or whatever. Basically it is what it is.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net