Wednesday, December 20

Uuuuuuuuugh (Travel Day)

So. Today's the day when Makal and I take another train down to Eugene. This time, it's for close to a week. Luckily, I'm not stressing out nearly as much as I did the day of leaving for the last trip. I've got a better idea of the things that need to happen and when they should be done. So my day's been a fair bit more productive. :) Still, I'm exhausted.

We went to a holiday party for Makal's office last night. It was nice finally getting to meet most of his coworkers. By the time we were leaving--as things were starting to wind down, really--we could only note two people who seemed drunk. Not heavily tanked or anything, but a fair bit more conversational and smiling than they might have been otherwise. ;D

I did my typical last-minute present making today (I prefer to think of it as "traditional", actually), and made an eyeglass chain for my mom. She'd sent me her old one to fix, which I did. But This one's different colours and a different style that's a bit fancier, so it should make a nice christmas gift. Pop it in a box and wrap a ribbon around it--bam! Last minute present.

Being in Eugene less than a week, and have three groups of people to split our time between (my mom, Makal's parents, and our friends) we had to schedule who's house we're at what days. I can't believe how busy we're going to be. It seems like this is a long trip, but every single day has something going on. I'm looking forward to the train ride home already, just because I know I'll be able to sit with no obligations for a few hours.

Anywhooo... yep. I'll probably find time to update somewhere along the line. We get back next Tuesday and Makal is back in the office Wednesday, so expect some sort of post by then at least. And hopefully lots of Flickr updates! :)

Happy [insert holiday of choice here]!

P.S. - Last night after he wrapped presents, Makal gave me an early gift. Godiva chocolates! :9 Right now I'm eating a "caramel embrace"--I love chocolates that come with a flavour key--and it is delicious. Thank you Makal! Now I have some tasty treats to horde. ;D

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net