The less-frequent blog posting lately is due to a variety of reasons. One being work (what's new?) and the other being MxO, or, The Matrix Online. I'm sorry, but I think it's a kick-ass game. Granted, I have never played many RPG's, let alone MMORPG's, but nonetheless, from my standpoint it is good. Thanks be to my luvvy who sent me the invitation to join the beta testing! Today being my day off, I of course planned to spend the whole day jacked-in. The only reason I'm here right now is because the servers are down for upgrades (and because I need to eat!). Can't wait to get back though. w00t! Makes me wish I had some Bawls to enjoy as well. *smirk* Heaven forbid I actually make coffee--then we're all doomed.
On the same data stream as MxO is my new fave music selection: RadioFreeZion. The fun part about this station is that it is keyed in to events in the Matrix. For example, people in the Matrix can send shout outs to other players over the radio (well okay, the DJ does it, but you know what I mean), and some DJ's have interactive shows with prizes for players in-game (Matrix prizes; so, not "real"). Even if you're not a Redpill, well, the music is still worth listening to!
As you might be able to tell, I am probably quite addicted to this and simply unwilling to admit it (although with the voluntary admittance of *possible* addiction, am in fact admitting *the* addiction?). I've turned into such a gamer nerd, having spent all morning--er, and part of the afternoon, firmly seated in my giant comfy computer chair (yaknow, the one with the fuzzy padded arms) even though there's a mass of other things to be done (personal clients to contact, favors to do for people, jewelry to make, house cleaning to avoid...). So irresponsible. Somebody's going to have to take away my 'net connection to get me to leave, me thinks.
And yes, I've always been addicted to all-things Matrix. You want movie posters? I have the entire series of character posters from Reloaded in authentic theater format (huge, and reverse printed). You want figures? I have a three foot long articulated Sentinal. Soundtracks, video games, comic books, you name it and I might just have it. Except Tasty Wheat, never had that (although, that never really *did* exist, now did it?).
See? I'm way too in to this.
Wednesday, March 9
Jacking In, Getting Turned On
Posted by
M. Here
at
1:26 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment