Being now involved in the fashion industry through my job, and with the continuing (though less frequent) involvement in the adult industry, weight seems to be more and more of a topic on my mind. And I hope to high heaven that these thoughts are in no way related to the bevy of fashion magazines I've been looking at--European and haute couture, the lot of them. And we've all read the stories about how repeated viewing of those sorts of images (yaknow, "models") can affect a woman's self-confidence. Really though I don't think that's it, as the only thing I can think when I see all these stickly women is "Ouch, I bet having sex with them would leave a lot of bruises" and be glad that I don't leave bruises (although I do bruise easy). But my current thoughts do have something to do with modeling--mainly that my clothing designer friends never ask me to model for them. Is that a silly thing to take offense to?
I know that I am by no means "fat", nor even that chubby. I'm a completely unremarkable "average" size-wise (but boy do I make average look good!) but fashion photography generally makes use of very petite waisted women (whether their face is attractive or not) just to uphold that standard. And yeah, I'll admit that the design of an article of clothing is showcased better on a leaner body than a thicker one.
But still; my head just keeps going "but still...!" Whatever happened to equal representation of the sizes? To acceptance of different body types, and promoting differences? Perhaps I'm just a general amount of unsatisfied with my body at this time, and this sudden involvement in fashion is simply pushing it to the forefront. Hopefully I'll resolve whatever issues I have, maybe even make peace with my busy schedule and find time for dance classes again. Until then, well, I think I'll munch on some Chips Ahoy sticks while I sit and do nothing. (I'll never say my is anyone's fault but mine!)

1 comment:
Hey, Merrick, I wrote a post on video games.
Curious about your input since I know you're a fellow female gamer.
Link to the post
Post a Comment