I thought a recent houseguest had left state with my tweezers--good basic slant-tip Revlon tweezers in black--and so I lived a tweezer-free life for a week. Aside from realizing that I use tweezers for the most innane things, I tried not to get too close to any mirrors lest I see the degree of eyebrow maintenance that was needed. (This can be a scary thing you know!) Well yesterday I picked up a new pair of tweezers (or would it be "a new tweezer", singular? Who the hell came up with the word "tweezer" in the first place?!) I showered, heating my skin so that the grooming would be faster (heating the skin first expands the pores so that the skin releases the hair follicle easier and does less damage). And about an hour later--yes, an hour--I understood why women pay professionals to do this because damn, it's boring and time consuming. When did we decide that women needed thin eyebrows to be attractive? Some time after the late 90's I think, judging from movies and fashions of the time.
Then later when my housemate came home, I told him that I'd bought new tweezers, to which he replied "Oh, the other ones are in such-and-such drawer. I figured you'd look there."
Uh huh, yeah. Thanks for the heads up. *rolls eyes*
Also yesterday I spoiled myself by buying new face soap (my Clinique stuff just wasn't doing the trick) which I am now quite fond of, so I thought I'd recommend it to all you working girls out there. St. Ives Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser for all skin types. Notice that emphasis there? Yes, the creamy rich formula does indeed remove makeup at the same time. It's even strong enough to remove my Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara and leave nary a trace, while leaving my skin soft and moisturized. Because as fun as it is, wearing makeup for 18 hours of the day is so not good for your skin.+
Tuesday, March 29
Tweezers and Eyebrows (a girl post)
Posted by
M. Here
at
7:42 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment