Intriguing title, no? Hang tight, I'll get to that. But first, oh heavens, has it been that long since I last posted? Where the hell have I been? Where has the time gone? I hate it when life flies by so quickly like this--we live in the moment to escape the past, but when you can't remember what it is you're trying to escape the motivation to move forward drops away. And so we are present, although not all of us are accounted for.
I just received a most surprising and pleasant phone call from my employer, saying that due to good things going on I don't need to work today. So double uber-yay for me, I have a day to myself that is wholly unexpected. OMG, this is the first time I've not worked two days in a row for a while. A weekend? Schweet! Will I get any long-awaited work done? Umm, perhaps. But there is cable TV, and so there's a chance that might occupy my time--as I've already come across at least two good orgasms (At least? Well, I'm pretty sure it was two. Might have been three. See what I mean about being a little too "in the moment"?) and watched a fair bit of porn, so I might be sated for a while. I think I'll take a bath and make use of the last of the vanilla bubble bath (always a sucker for vanilla, just not in the bedroom). But wow, that call was such a sudden surge of giddiness and energy. I actually feel like doing some work--the sort of work that makes me money. So yaknow, that's a good thing.
On to the title subject...!
On Friday I went to someone's apartment with some friends, someone who's apartment I've never been to, nevermind the fact that I never hang out with this particular person. We've known eachother since our freshman year of high school, same class, same interests (computers) so we saw eachother a fair bit, but I would never have let myself get caught conversing with him: he was a dweeb and a very un-cool person at the time, and my status and social standings in school had taken much work to develop so of course I wouldn't jeopardize that. So we never talked and I've never really gotten to know him save through mutual friends. Well, then came Friday. (This is the part where I love that I am a nerdy girl...) We started talking about video cards and support issues with various computer games, and after a bit he asked if I'd ever played BloodRayne 2, since I had the first game. Well, no, I hadn't, but he has an Xbox and I'm not very familiar with that controller (I've played Halo2 a wee bit, but am mostly a PS2 and computer girl). So we're all sitting there, someone playing guitar, another person passed out snoring on the couch, and I start playing BloodRayne 2 with his help of which buttons do what, etc. Of course he'd try to explain things to me, and I'd interject with "I know that, duh" (or something to that effect) which would throw him off guard--when teaching someone a game system it can be easily forgotten that you don't have to explain everything. Not long into the game I came to a difficult section that was a crash-course in a new skill; he explained the gist of how it worked and said that after time I'd be able to do this and this and that with the skill. I did this, this, and that almost immediately. He was impressed.
There is nothing hotter than a hot chick who can play video games.
Except a hot chick who can kick your ass at video games.
This is something I learned around Halloween my 8th grade year. My boyfriend of the time--my first, and slightly abusive in the way that undiognosed bipolar schizophrenics abused by their fathers are apt to be--introduced me to a little game called Mortal Kombat. Well, I sucked. Hey, I'd never used a PlayStation before! He felt macho at whooping my ass electronically. Then he put in Tekken 3. And the tables turned. I whooped his ass. I whooped it thoroughly and with enjoyment, using Ling Xiaoyu's fan blades to spank him til he (could have) cried and Nina's Cheap Shot to reckless abandon. Granted, he wasn't in the least happy for me that I picked it up so quickly, but nonetheless, I had discovered something that gave me an ounce of power over him. I probably talked my mom's ear off about it, which is why she bought me a PlayStation, and my first game was, yes, Tekken 3. A gamer was born.
Since then, I've discovered that having this ability to whoop ass in video games (fighting games are my strength) is a good one to have when your friends are guys. Or maybe most of my friends are guys because most chicks can't play video games and have no interest to. But there's something to be said for a chick who can be in a room with three other gamers, and not one of them will play her at a game because they already know the outcome. That is power; I may not be a dominant person in certain areas of my life, but when it comes to video games you'd best be warned: This chick plays for keeps, and the ante is your balls.
Maybe it's time to get an Xbox after all.
Monday, March 21
On the Electronic Domination of Men
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:24 AM

1 comment:
Ah, Merrick, this post rings so true for me.
I, too, am a female video game junkie. More so a console player than PC. While I do love me a good fighting game (Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom, and Tekken will always be favourites), I'm a huge fan of the fantasy RPGs.
Many a time I've been greeted with the whole "you play video games? you don't look the type" by some guy.
Oh, if only they understood my love for a good gaming session. To play until your fingers cramp up is a day well spent. Nice to know there are other gamers with vulvas out there ; )
Post a Comment