Friday, August 4

LJ: Swimmingly

Another day, and things are going fairly according to plan. Aryn and her girl were over for some time last night, as their other plans had changed. So we hung around talking and I made a big batch of red curry; we all had a serving and Makal and Aryn had seconds, leaving two more servings for Makal's lunch as well as my own (which I'm eating now! :-9). Aryn mentioned that she generally had mornings free, so maybe we can hang out sometime then. It's fun to hang out with her in groups as long as I remember to tell her to shut up because she keeps talking over me and others! (/wink)

Tonight, Dutch is coming up, which should be an interesting time--hanging out with him usually is. I have some personal issues about him which I wouldn't mind voicing to him, though they could lead to a beating to make him understand, given that he's so damned ignorant and oblivious sometimes (Update: that resolved itself, thankfully). I'm going to be off to the market soon (which is across the street! so convenient!) to get fixings for burritos, and those will be tasty.

I also have yet to put the clothes away (/cringe), which I know is going to get me in serious trouble if it isn't done... Makal told me so, and I tend not to argue when he says there will be consequences for not doing what's required of me. :P But I did get a lot done yesterday, emptying out most all of the dresser drawers. I realized that as I pulled stuff out, I was just setting it down on the bed again, causing another messy pile of crap. So I forced myself to do the item's final action every time I picked something up--you know, put it away, sort it, etc.--which takes a bit longer but helped reduce clutter. What I really want to unpack is our several boxes of office stuff, sitting there so tantalizingly to my right, but I shall refrain until the clothes are put away. Gah! I hate folding. But once I do it, it *will* be done... /grumble

Yesterday I french braided my hair, just the front portions to pull them back and out of my way, and when I took it down last night my hair looked all uber cute from being braided while wet. So I got my hair kinda wet again this morning and french braided all of it, which is really hard to do alone. My arms were quite tired, and my neck was stiff from being held at odd angles. Makes me wish I had a sister or something, like back in the farmin' days when you could have a row of 5 girls and a mom braiding eachothers' hair. ;D Okay, I definintely don't want that! But a helping hand would be nice. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen an infomercial for one...

Just to repeat: living in Portland is going to be awesome for Makal and I, and I think it's going to lead to some interesting (and fun!) changes to our life together. =D

P.S. - I suddenly want a very techy blog layout. I'll have to work on that. Apart from red, black, and white, green and black is one of my favourite colour combos.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net