Per my mild, undiagnosed ADD, I'm having an aweful hard time focusing today. I want to be working on unpacking office stuff--and I am, but not very, er, consecutively. A bit here, hey look at this!, a bit there, hey, how about that! And several hours later, here I am, having dumped one box on the floor and I'm *almost* done organizing it. I had to do some rearranging of the room again because I realized that "putting away" a lot of these things required having *both* desks cleared off, not just the one I'm using.
I also discovered that my lava lamp, which I've had since I was about 10 or 12, seemed to have sprung a leak whilst in storage. It didn't lose a lot of fluids, and didn't ruin anything, but it's still sad. Now it's missing just over half an inch of fluids, though it still works. I also saw my fiber optic lamp in the same box (the box of lights, which was not where my focus should have been, save that I needed to get a goose necked lamp out for Makal's desk, and hence got distracted) and realized that I did indeed have the long-thought-lost cord for it. Yippee! I'd thought that the old housemate had ended up with it when I moved out from living with him. But as I've been gathering and organizing things, I was thinking that I did seem to have quite a few electrical adaptor cords. Score one for the lamp department!
You know those wooden poseable figure study mannequins? A few years ago I painted the limbs/body of mine black, leaving the rounded joints the natural wood colour. And suddenly when I was looking at it a minute ago, I was overwhelmed with the urge to paint those natural parts silver with this neato silver pen my mom gave me. Oh the temptation! But I sated myself with simply painting the ugly brass screws, and will contemplate further change. The natural wood and black leaves it more suitable for a range of decorations, but the silver and black would look so neat! Hrmm.
Monday, August 7
LJ: Your Attention, Please
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:39 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment