Wednesday, August 16

LJ: Very Bad Kitty

Blah. I can't believe it's Wednesday already. We were awoken at 3a this morning to the sound of a crash and kitty feet running. Makal got up to see what it was.

Makal: *mumbling from the other room*
Me: "What?" Confused and tired, I went to see what he was talking about. "So what is it?"
Makal: "Where was my plant?"
Me: "What? Where? Your what?"
Makal: "My plant. Where was my plant?"

It was at that point that I opened my tired eyes and saw the kitchen. Which was covered in dirt. And shattered terra cotta. I stepped inside and saw his plant, vines and roots, sitting sideways on the counter by the fridge.

"Oh," I said, "it was on top of the fridge. Now it's here." Good, Merrick. :P We came to realize that the planter, usually on top of the fridge next to the microwave, had managed to find itself in several places on the floor, probably thanks to a cat. Makal went back to bed, and I grabbed the mini broom and dustpan and swept up the bulk of the dirt, saving it of course for repotting. It was a safe bet that of the three cats, the one that wasn't standing around asking what was going on, was the culprit. That cat could be found under a bench, gazing out at me with big, round, and scared eyes, as if to say "Did I do that? Oooh, I didn't mean to do that. But I did that..."

The next morning, and the kitchen is still covered in a fine dusting of dirt. Now I have to go clean it up, and find a new pot for the plant to live in. :P It's all very lame. The guilty cat is very aware of what she did, and attempted to hide from me most of the morning. Unfortunately for her, she let her guard down at one point and I got her. Now she feels very  bad for what she did, both eating the leaves of the plant (not like it has many to begin with) and breaking the pot and dirtying the kitchen. I did not plan on spending my morning playing with dirt.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net