Aaargh. I know I haven't been posting much. But I've been busy, yaknow? I'm still working on settling in, which is hard due to our lack of nails, considering that a fair few of the boxes sitting around have display items that must be hunt--you guessed it--on a nail. :P Plus there's Blogger's new "in beta" stuff, which is highly addicting. Instantly customizable widgetry via Web 2.0 is one of the bestest things ever. It's been almost a month here, and I know that while Makal might not feel like he's really "home" yet, I sure do. But then, I'm at the apartment all day everyday, so I'm kind of biased. Plus the kitties are finally starting to learn how to play together (okay, it's mainly my cat that's the weirdo, but still) so it's cute to see their romps around the apartment. :)
Earlier this week (Monday) I finally finished the circular scroll I've been creating for that movie project. And it turned out pretty damn awesome, if I do say so myself. ;) After sending it to J, he spent about a day emailing me single sentences "What about this?" and "Can you do that?" and "It should be like this..."; that sort of thing. Then the next morning I woke up to an email wherein he stated that he was baked and that the scroll was fabulous and shouldn't change a bit. LOL, amusing how a bit of herb can change your perspective on things, isn't it?! But I felt vindicated and praised, both of which were good. Luckily I hadn't moved to change anything, save a minor correction. It's kind of big, about 1.5 feet across and is entirely hand-drawn, so hours upon hours (I'm guessing 20, between initial computer mockups and physical inking) of focusing on this thing led to me not wanting to see it for a few days. I was kind of getting stressed out though, before J relinquished that it rocked, because the changes he wanted were kind of drastic. Makal was reassuring to me in both telling me it was awesome and threatening to go back down to Eugene and beat the guy upside the head until he actually looked at it. :D Oh how I love my boyfriend! ;) Sometimes people just don't know what they really want until you show them.
Another reason I'm excited is that I've been going through the local community center's website looking at their fall class schedules. I've found both fencing and belly dancing classes, and Makal also pointed out that they have an open gym for members. So we could probably end up scheduling me for dance classes and he could work out in the weight room during class. Plus, the physical building is right across the street, so you can't get much better than that. :) It would be sooo nice to get back into dancing, as not only do I really miss it, but it's good excercise and gets me really toned. It's been almost two years since I took my last class, and sadly, that fitness level is not something I've maintained (lazy geeky bum that I am). So yeah, looking forward to that. :D
Thursday, August 24
LJ: So Many Possibilities
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:18 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment