INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population. Take the Test
Personality tests always entertain me. That is, the tests that go beyond the "What colour dragon are you?" or "What type of car should you drive" and into the realm of "you are not unique, you will be classified". I mean, it's so hard to classify an individual's personality in a formulaic way. So of course every time I take one of those tests, I feel a need to say "Hey, no I'm not!". This time, the description above is pretty spot on. Yet still...
Personality tests frequently label me as introverted. It's true, I'm not a social party animal; I can be hard pressed to spend more than two consecutive days socializing outside my normal circle before it starts to wear on me. But that's not to say I don't enjoy socializing or interacting with others or that social events make me uncomfortable, which is what I think when I hear "introverted". I don't avoid people, I just don't want to be around them all the time (no, it makes sense, really). Also, if you click the "INTJ" link up there, it takes you to a longer description of the personality type. Reading through that, yeah, most of it applies--but it makes me sound so mean! I mean, I think I'm fun, and I sure as hell know that I'm no pessimist. Plus I know I'm weird, and I certainly hope that others think so of me. ;)
That page also talks about good and bad careers for the INTJ personality type, and their suggestions either worry me or amuse me. I should be a scientist? Researcher? Professor? Umm, no. I can see how such career paths would be a logical choice, but considering that I have no scientific training I think I'll pass, choosing from the list of inappropriate careers instead. I'd say "pornographer" counts as a job in the entertainment industry, wouldn't you?
Thursday, April 12
I am the Mastermind!
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:37 AM
Labels: life, meme, psychology

2 comments:
I took that test several years ago, and guess what I got? Mastermind as well! Yay! Hi there neighbor of 2.1% of the earth's population.
The test I took had a 15 or so page report on that type of personality, dont know if that one does too. The one I did back then cost $15 to get the complete, huge report, it was my first internet purchase, oh the memories.... The fact that I would make a good judge got stuck in my mind for years.
Hmm, ENFP. Apparently I should be entertaining people.
Imagine that.
Post a Comment