Tuesday, June 27

LJ: Casual Host Update

This morning I sent my guild site's host another email, this time via a contact form to be found on his personal blog site (just in case the comment didn't go through), and whilst doing so could easily see on his "BizCam" that he was at his computer. Which, I gotta say, is kinda neat to do on a biz site. But then, I'm partial to webcams. ^_^ Anywho, I got an email back within the hour (!!!) saying that I should call his new cell after 8p, and he'd get me set up on the new server. I'm much more reassured now that the site is still safe. I mean, forums! I can't back up the forums every day (/suddenly starts dreaming about having her own PHP/MySQL database driven hosting setup), and it'd be a pity to lose all the guild stuff that's happened in the last several months.

People are so *antsy* for the site to be back up too; a cynical mind might think that I am using wicked marketing tactics--creating an interesting product and rocketing it into high demand and use, then pulling it away and creating near-frenzy levels of excitement (some might call that "drawing aggro"). But, you know, I'm not.* ... Makal's got all sorts of nefarious RP events in the works, and we're going to start getting way geeky once the forums are back up and we can dive into the RP board. To summarize, it'll be nice to have the forums back, and it's nice to know that my host isn't a jackass :) After all, this is how he started--hosting WoW related sites.

*I have, however, been reading Jennifer Government by Max Barry. Perhaps that explains it...

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net