Wednesday, June 7

LJ: That's *One* Way to Celebrate 6.6.06...

What did we do for the momentous occasion of yesterday being June 6, 2006 (6-6-06)? Well, we went for a walk. Makal got some old "cookies" from his mom that she wasn't going to eat, and we walked down a street he thought would lead out to the shopping center we wanted to go to. Not so; as we walked and things got prettier from the cookies, we realized we were walking in one of those horrible suburban neighborhoods where 50-year old couples own small mansions that they're never at for long, and people build huge brick privacy walls directly in front of the entrance to their home. The neighborhood may be quite grand in the scale of the houses, the materials that are used, and the sheer architecture and landscaping... but knowing that in suburbia appearances can be deceiving made the street not that pretty after all. There were some really nice Japanese maples though; and it was fun to conjecture about the people living in different homes.

Anyway, we got to the end of that street, where the paved road turned to gravel and led off to more new-construction stick homes, and realized that it had taken us well past where we wanted to be. So we turned around, walked back, analyzed more, and turned back onto the street we had started down. Then we went the right way (which is, in fact, the way I went the day before that was 100% the wrong way) and ended up at a busy four-corner shopping center. First to the thrift store, where we found nothing that appealing or even worth mentioning--but it is always fun to look.

Then we went to Walmart--yes, I know it is evil, I'm a small business myself. But do you realize that it was damned near the only place to buy original-style wooden clothespins in town? Seriously, we couldn't find them anywhere else. But Walmart, they had a big 100-count bag of 'em for only $3. So, yes, that was something we've been meaning to get for awhile (the first time we went they were all out...). After looking at the isle of kitchen tools, we also picked up a set of bamboo utensils, which they called a "tool set" (we laughed so hard when the self-checkout called it that!). It's got your basic big thwappy spoon, a slotted spatula, slotted spoon, sporky thing, and some sort of spatula with a hole right in the middle. *evil grin* They are quite nice, and I do love smooth bamboo utensils. After that we stopped at a craft store and picked up these flat craft sticks--not quite popsicle sticks, but squared off at the ends. They're pretty sturdy and will be interesting to incorporate into shibari, you know, to tie together and pinch assorted things between.

Then we went to the supermarket and got salad dressing. :P

Anyway...
So yes, we spent Satan's Day buying pervertables. Woohoo! I love pervertables. Makal's disturbingly good at finding them too; I think just about any flat surface is, in his mind, perfect for spanking. At the thrift store he was eyeing these small sauce pots and twacking them on his hand--He says they'd be good for "kitchen discipline". I know I'd be more inspired to pay attention while I cook if there was a hearty metal spanko tool hanging on the wall next to the stove!

I'd like to tell you guys about how they were used, but I woke up so fucking sore this morning... my entire body is stiff and certain parts of it are still *quite* sensitive... :) I'm about to finish my cup of chai (man, I wish we had actual creamer to use instead of soy milk; *makes mental note to pick some up*) and then am planning on soaking in a hot tub for a bit, listening to new agey music and the like. My body needs a break before it starts to shut down from exhaustion. But, I will return--hopefully later today--to tell the tale of how I got to be so happily sore. :)

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net