Monday, June 5

LJ: To Sleep a Guilty Sleep

I feel very busy today, like there is 20 things for me to do and I can only get 5 done. I have yet to wash the dishes, though I have started to washed the bedclothes (in the washer and dryer now), ate a tasty brunch (mmm, oatmeal with strawberry jam and cinnamon! Delish!), logged on to WoW for half an hour to do mail and auctions (and had fun conversations with guildies), and showered/washed/shaved. (So perhaps I've actually accomplished more than it feels like.) I'll probably have to blow dry my hair so that I can jog down to Makal's doctor's office and meet up before his appointment. He's going in to see about his hurt knee and other aches & pains after the car accident Saturday before last; we're both really hoping that at the most he'll need a stylin' cane for walking, and not anything like surgery or something. Eek! I've been worried about it, admittedly, and I'm really not one for worrying. *crosses fingers*

I fell asleep last night when I really didn't want to, and now I feel so guilty about it. We were drinking a nice port that Aryn and her girl brought down on their last visit, supplementing its sweet rich taste with slightly-bitter dark chocolate (I'm usually not a fan, but it goes well with port!). Between that, our having smoked just beforehand, and my being nekkid and cozy under the blanket, I was pretty damn warm and happy. But then I started blinking a little too heavily while we finished an episode of Samurai Champloo, missing a good portion of the end, and from there I just kinda conked out. Well, not kinda, really. And Makal was still fully awake, and I really really wanted to be, but I just couldn't bring myself to wake up. He ended up smoking some of his dark pipe tobacco and watching an hour or so of Akira before he fell asleep. I felt so dissappointed in myself, because I really wanted to do stuff, but like I said, I was gone. :( Maybe I can make it up to him tonight. On the upside, I did sleep really well! ;)

Now, about those dishes...

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net