Wednesday, June 14

LJ: When It Rains...

Unlike the Garbage song, I am not only happy when it rains. Sometimes the rain does make me happy, because it means I'm busy and social and that money is probably on the way. But sometimes when it rains, I feel like I'm caught offguard and don't have my umbrella. I'm not sure if this rainy period is a joyous "singing in the rain" type or the lack-of-umbrella type, but either way, storm's a'brewin'.

I've been working on my biz site these past few days, updating the portfolio, tweaking the layout and rephrasing some of the copy. It's not the most fun I've had working on my site, but it needs to be done and it will get me money. I've also been needing to do some heavy updates to the guild site for the past several *weeks*--I know I'm behind because two updates for phpBB have come out since I last worked on it, and we have a ton of info to put up. And now a friend of mine has contacted me about her biz site and getting that remodeled. Not that I'll get payed for any of it. My friend's business is in such transition that there's no funds to pay with, and she has this obscure legal process of adding me to the LLC agreement so that when there *is* money I can bill for my time. I know she's good for it, but it'd still be nice to have immediate reimbursement.

So suddenly I have three sites to be working on for three seperate entities, and that means I really need to keep my multi-tasking self focused on priorities. Which I'm not always good at, especially when Makal's sitting next to me shouting "Mother fucker!" as he ganks n00bs in WoW. :P I want to play WoW so much, but I just... can't justify it. Too much to do. Then there's job hunting on top of that, having to prepare a handful of specifically requested examples of what I can do so that companies can know if I'm good enough at typography to do basic production of their lame scam mailers. Do I get bonus points if I correct the mistakes in the samples they sent, or am I suppose to copy those too? o.0

Anyway, yeah, boohoohoo there's work for me to do. And I'm lame and want it to be easier to figure out what to do when, and how much effort I really need to invest. It would help if I wasn't so OCD about my perfectionism. But supposedly that's a skill....

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net